S52 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Will

S52 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Of course not, but to come out and say that goals are what separate them is just strange

for me it was more about the gap on the leader board between goals #1 and #2

1 Pietro Maximoff (RIG)   69
2 Tom Lincoln (NYA)   59
3 John Sleeman (TOR)   57
4 Unassisted (NYA)   57
5 Max von Hohenzollern (COL)   54
6 Bogdan Podarok (SEA)   52
7 Niels Skovgaard (COL)   51
8 Shawn Muller (RIG)   51
9 Tyson Kohler (CGY)   51
10 Zach Parechkin (TOR)   50

4 hours ago, Kendrick said:

What were the other factors?

Because as far as I can tell people have written off Unassisted just because he doesn't have the goal gap decreased. Do people realize there is an award for that already and it's called the Kevin Brooks trophy? For every goal Maximoff has over Unassisted, Unassisted has 20 hits to go against that. So essentially Anytime Maximoff went and scored 1 goal over 57 (that Unassisted has) Unassisted went and hit 20 people. I'd argue Maximoff scored a bunch but his entire body of work is not outstanding.

Every other fucking stat category. I know what the Outstanding Award means and it's not all about goals.

When you hit as many goals as he did, that is pretty outstanding. It doesn't happen very often at all, and he put up only 2 less points than Unassisted. This is not to say that Unassisted wasn't outstanding either, since obviously both of them were. Maximoff even managed to take only 4PIM with all those points.

I get it. Unassisted had basically 300 hits, but I like Maximoff for this one. He's not winning this award anyways.

If it was a lesser gap and Maximoff had like 60 goals I would vote Unassisted, but Pietro has 10 more goals than the next best guy, and 12 more goals than Unassisted. Players in the VHL rarely get to that almost 70 level these days.

7 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Every other fucking stat category. I know what the Outstanding Award means and it's not all about goals.

When you hit as many goals as he did, that is pretty outstanding. It doesn't happen very often at all, and he put up only 2 less points than Unassisted. This is not to say that Unassisted wasn't outstanding either, since obviously both of them were. Maximoff even managed to take only 4PIM with all those points.

I get it. Unassisted had basically 300 hits, but I like Maximoff for this one. He's not winning this award anyways.

If it was a lesser gap and Maximoff had like 60 goals I would vote Unassisted, but Pietro has 10 more goals than the next best guy, and 12 more goals than Unassisted. Players in the VHL rarely get to that almost 70 level these days.

Fair enough, but he is still beaten in every category by Unassisted (one being huge)

58 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Fair enough, but he is still beaten in every category by Unassisted (one being huge)

MAXIMOFF, Pietro (RIG) - 72GP, 69G, 70A, 139P, +61, 4PIM, 51HIT, 36SB, 11GWG

UNASSISTED (NYA) - 72GP, 57G, 80A, 137P, +83, 111PIM, 299HIT, 14SB, 13GWG

Obviously, 250 more hits is a big thing, but he also came with 111PIMs to the table. That's probably because of his physical presence. So Maximoff brought a more disciplined game to the ice, with more goal scoring.

I don't know, it's hard to judge. I almost gave it to Unassisted as well.

55 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

MAXIMOFF, Pietro (RIG) - 72GP, 69G, 70A, 139P, +61, 4PIM, 51HIT, 36SB, 11GWG

UNASSISTED (NYA) - 72GP, 57G, 80A, 137P, +83, 111PIM, 299HIT, 14SB, 13GWG

Obviously, 250 more hits is a big thing, but he also came with 111PIMs to the table. That's probably because of his physical presence. So Maximoff brought a more disciplined game to the ice, with more goal scoring.

I don't know, it's hard to judge. I almost gave it to Unassisted as well.

But Maximoff also didn't bring anything besides the goals on a team that pretty much had only two star players. Not to mention if he is going to score that many goals you'd expect him to score more game winners. Just saying anything you talk up about Maximoff's goals, I can counter with his lack of two-way game.

This arguing is stupid. STZ will win anyway as his lead is big enough. I happily take my place in the top 25 goalscoring seasons. But please stop arguing about these stupid hits. Not like O'Malley ever hit anything. Its just the type of players I make and tgat never stopped him from an award like this.

Admins just lock this so Kendrick can sleep again.

I like the discussion tbh the league needs more of it.

The only thing I can say about the goals is how meaningful are those 12 extra goals? Unassisted still had more GWG despite having 12 less goals.

Two different player styles in two different situations - both with great years.. I think we need to be promoting more discussion in threads like this :)

either way goodluck @Green

8 hours ago, Green said:

This arguing is stupid. STZ will win anyway as his lead is big enough. I happily take my place in the top 25 goalscoring seasons. But please stop arguing about these stupid hits. Not like O'Malley ever hit anything. Its just the type of players I make and tgat never stopped him from an award like this.

Admins just lock this so Kendrick can sleep again.

Oh someone got tickled. I wasn't arguing anything except the thought process for the award, you seem bothered.

Tough race in my opinion. STZ had much better teammates, but Maximoff wasn't too far behind. While his physical play was much stronger than Maximoff - I'd rather have a player get 4 penalty minutes as opposed to 111, 5 only being for fighting. Thus, 53 power plays for the opposing team is a lot for one player to cause. Especially when it's your #1 center, PP guy and PK guy.