VHL Cup Finals, GM 4: Riga vs. Toronto

JardyB10

• Admin
6 hours ago, Higgins said:

Nice hot take, but that's just not true, I found a bunch with many 99's who dominated their time in the last 20 seasons

Thomas O'Malley

Bismarck Koenig

Lord Karnage

Tom Slaughter

Phil Hamilton

Hans Wingate

Tuomas Tukio

Remy LeBeau

You may note O'Malley and Koenig didn't have all 99s, while Karnage won fuck all for his TPE. And Slaughter and Hamilton also haven't  dominated as much you'd expect.

As for Tukio, how many playoff series did he win near the end of his career? Exactly.

Wingate and LeBeau fair enough, but I'm not sure that disproves my point given they are better than the Cleganes.

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

You may note O'Malley and Koenig didn't have all 99s, while Karnage won fuck all for his TPE. And Slaughter and Hamilton also haven't  dominated as much you'd expect.

As for Tukio, how many playoff series did he win near the end of his career? Exactly.

Wingate and LeBeau fair enough, but I'm not sure that disproves my point given they are better than the Cleganes.

You can rip into every single player. Of course no skaters had ALL 99's after depreciation of 3 seasons, but they are all real close.

To say Karnage won "fuck all" is an exaggerated understatement. He had 6 seasons of 99+ points and won top rookie and 4 top two-way forward awards. Compare that to @Beketov's 3 awards ever, I don't think it's "fuck all".

99's > 90's, especially for a goalie, there's no "skate, shoot, or pass" formula. Keep the hot takes coming though I get a good chuckle out of them.

2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

You can rip into every single player. Of course no skaters had ALL 99's after depreciation of 3 seasons, but they are all real close.

To say Karnage won "fuck all" is an exaggerated understatement. He had 6 seasons of 99+ points and won top rookie and 4 top two-way forward awards. Compare that to @Beketov's 3 awards ever, I don't think it's "fuck all".

99's > 90's, especially for a goalie, there's no "skate, shoot, or pass" formula. Keep the hot takes coming though I get a good chuckle out of them.

man Higgins you've been real feisty lately. I like it.

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why you gotta drag me into this. I don't like to exactly spread around how terrible I've been for 51 seasons. People think I'm good because I've been here so long, no need to correct them haha

• Commissioner
19 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don't understand, these goalies have high 80 and low 90 attributes. Makes no sense to me.

I swear with goalies the engine just picks who it likes. Attribute wise I'm 1 OVR lower than @Victor and 1 higher than @JardyB10 but I played worse all year.

I think after a certain point with goalies it comes down to quality of shots against. Better teams end up with worse shots coming at their goalie which means easier saves. That's my theory anyway because, like I said, the engine seems to pick at random otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Why you gotta drag me into this. I don't like to exactly spread around how terrible I've been for 51 seasons. People think I'm good because I've been here so long, no need to correct them haha

:stoned:

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

I won my first player award in S42 :P 

my last in S45 as best VHLM GM.

so you have me out awarded but Im more recent :D

To be fair I'm not counting VHLM in my total. I have another 4 if I count those. 3 of which came from Beketov's VHLM season. That's kinda the other crazy thing, of my 7 awards total, 5 were with Beketov. Also a fun fact, I won top scorer, MVP, and top goal scorer with Beketov but not most assists, even though that's what he's known for in the VHL. Fun fact of the day.

Edited by Beketov

• Admin
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

I'm sorry, you keep saying I'm the one with the "hot takes", but you literally started this by suggesting a goalie with 90s can't have good games. You do realise that some of the best goalies before TPE inflation still put up record stats without all 99s?

But keep trusting those one liners Monsieur Tremblay provided on each attribute. The goalie ones seem particularly shallow.

Oh and for 1400 TPE and 99s for half his career, that is a pretty woeful return for Karnage. Thanks for laying it out.  

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

To be fair I'm not counting VHLM in my total. I have another 4 if I count those. 3 of which came from Beketov's VHLM season. That's kinda the other crazy thing, of my 7 awards total, 5 were with Beketov. Also a fun fact, I won top scorer, MVP, and top goal scorer with Beketov but not most assists, even though that's what he's known for in the VHL. Fun fact of the day.

shut up Robert

33 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'm sorry, you keep saying I'm the one with the "hot takes", but you literally started this by suggesting a goalie with 90s can't have good games. You do realise that some of the best goalies before TPE inflation still put up record stats without all 99s?

But keep trusting those one liners Monsieur Tremblay provided on each attribute. The goalie ones seem particularly shallow.

Oh and for 1400 TPE and 99s for half his career, that is a pretty woeful return for Karnage. Thanks for laying it out.  

Apples and oranges comparing to anything before S30, a goalie with 99's should be better than 90's.

Also I didn't say a goalie with 90s can't have good games, computer goalies can have shut outs, but the consistency is what's happening and what I commented on.

let me step in on this Higgins victor spat.

I think it depends really when you make a goalie. because now it doesn't take as much to make a real dominant goalie because only a handful of players have over 700 TPE. I mean off the top of my head there is me and Robbie on Riga. the Calgary foursome of free agents. phil Hamilton is that it? anyways you get the point. how your player dominates probably depends on how you competition can stack up and obviously for goalies its not stacking up real good right now as what every goalie had above .900 save percentage

• Admin
23 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

let me step in on this Higgins victor spat.

I think it depends really when you make a goalie. because now it doesn't take as much to make a real dominant goalie because only a handful of players have over 700 TPE. I mean off the top of my head there is me and Robbie on Riga. the Calgary foursome of free agents. phil Hamilton is that it? anyways you get the point. how your player dominates probably depends on how you competition can stack up and obviously for goalies its not stacking up real good right now as what every goalie had above .900 save percentage

Stacking well enough for me tbh.

• Admin
22 hours ago, Higgins said:

I don't understand, these goalies have high 80 and low 90 attributes. Makes no sense to me.

Quite ambiguous opening comment tbqh. Provocative one might say. A hot take, maybe even?

What you really don't understand is

GET HYPE

On 11/17/2016 at 3:42 PM, Higgins said:

Apples and oranges comparing to anything before S30, a goalie with 99's should be better than 90's.

Also I didn't say a goalie with 90s can't have good games, computer goalies can have shut outs, but the consistency is what's happening and what I commented on.

Thats literally exactly what Simon T says doesn't happen... A player with all 50s plays the same game as a guy with all 99s, but just be used less. At least that's my understanding.

On 17/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, Victor said:

Say that to my gwg and hits record 8)

And the fact that trophies are layed out by members says a lot

Aka rigged