NA Semi-Finals, GM 5: Toronto vs. Calgary

JardyB10

• Admin
Just now, Kendrick said:

I'm not offended, at all. Not once in this thread have I, even when he dished out insults. I just think it's funny he thinks his opinion needs to be put on every aspect of the league, even right down to a members thoughts on his own tenure.

If anything, we need more people who put out their opinion on every aspect of the league.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

If anything, we need more people who put out their opinion on every aspect of the league.

On a lot of issues. Not everything has to be dissected like a frog. I just don't see where my 52 season history has anything to do with his personal opinion of getting cups haha

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

On a lot of issues. Not everything has to be dissected like a frog. I just don't see where my 52 season history has anything to do with his personal opinion of getting cups haha

It doesn't. I wasn't telling you that your not allowed to do what you do or that it was wrong. I wasn't even correcting you saying had more success another way. I did say you have won Cups which is ture, but if you don't feel your tenure here has been as good as you like and want to test FA because of that, that is your call to make. Just a misunderstanding here then it seems then. Because to me in this thread it came off like Higgins and yourself were mad that we came in saying you guys got what you deserved, or that you should of expected no success. When the reality was most of us were shocked at the result, save for a few faces cheering. (to be expected in a season when a bunch of FA's went to one team) 

To your previous point, when it all fits under the cap who the hell cares where it came from. I generally agree. My viewpoints on signing one season deals have less to do with specific members and more to do with how it affects the outlook of the league. But it isn't even a "good or bad" viewpoint. Just looking at results. Which as always are going to be a mixed bag anyways. I guess it just seemed to me that the two of you were being very defensive for pretty much no reason here. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

It doesn't. I wasn't telling you that your not allowed to do what you do or that it was wrong. I wasn't even correcting you saying had more success another way. I did say you have won Cups which is ture, but if you don't feel your tenure here has been as good as you like and want to test FA because of that, that is your call to make. Just a misunderstanding here then it seems then. Because to me in this thread it came off like Higgins and yourself were mad that we came in saying you guys got what you deserved, or that you should of expected no success. When the reality was most of us were shocked at the result, save for a few faces cheering. (to be expected in a season when a bunch of FA's went to one team) 

To your previous point, when it all fits under the cap who the hell cares where it came from. I generally agree. My viewpoints on signing one season deals have less to do with specific members and more to do with how it affects the outlook of the league. But it isn't even a "good or bad" viewpoint. Just looking at results. Which as always are going to be a mixed bag anyways. I guess it just seemed to me that the two of you were being very defensive for pretty much no reason here. 

We weren't being defensive for no reason. People who come in here and say they weren't trying to invoke a response are lying. Like I said though, that is their choice and it will in fact blow up in their face as why would any FA want to sign there. It is what it is and the soap boxes (no matter how high) will regret saying shit being a GM at the time they said it. It is okay for them to state their opinion but it doesn't bode well in regards to FA in the future. That's if they think free agents matter or not...

See that is what I don't get. You say it's okay to state their opinion but then you state that it's going to blow up in their face rightfully so. What is going to blow up? Because we happen to disagree with every FA picking one team for a season (even if we all understood why, and likely might of made a similar situation if we were a FA) doesn't mean we somehow think FA is garbage or a stupid way to add players. 

People are all entitled to do what they want with their players, and I readily encourage them too. The fact is none of this has anything to do with anyone being or not being GM's, and I don't think you guys can really let that go or see that. These posts people were making would be made regardless, you have to know that. Because you can dig through and see the same names doing these same type of posts exactly when this type of shit happened before. :P 

Just now, Mr. Power said:

See that is what I don't get. You say it's okay to state their opinion but then you state that it's going to blow up in their face rightfully so. What is going to blow up? Because we happen to disagree with every FA picking one team for a season (even if we all understood why, and likely might of made a similar situation if we were a FA) doesn't mean we somehow think FA is garbage or a stupid way to add players. 

People are all entitled to do what they want with their players, and I readily encourage them too. The fact is none of this has anything to do with anyone being or not being GM's, and I don't think you guys can really let that go or see that. These posts people were making would be made regardless, you have to know that. Because you can dig through and see the same names doing these same type of posts exactly when this type of shit happened before. :P 

Well you mentioned it was okay for them to state their opinions as well, which is perfect because it's my right to say that it looks poorly on them for doing so after a loss. 

-Oh hey a big FA that didn't sign with me just lost in the playoffs

-better make a backhanded comment about them losing

-oh I hope they don't read that and think I was offending them or questioning them (even though I was)

-FA rolls around

-FA says hell no to me, but why? Thats strange I have a good team in the future they could've added to

You've gone so far back and forth with things that now I don't even know. You started off defending the people Higgins and I effectively called out, but now you are saying we are allowed to do what we want and no one should question that, but at the same time they should be able to question that; confused.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

I have said this time and time again, but Devise has the communication skills of Stephen Hawking's computer - he has good stuff to say but never reins it in and ends up spitting out rambling paragraphs.

He means no harm though. How people get offended and/or involved in arguments with him is beyond me.

Also this times 100. People who know me well know there is a Device filter you develop to grasp the points I get at. I try to help it sometimes but sometimes I'm awful at it. 

That said we should probably let this thread die now. FA and off season is going to be interesting for sure.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:52 PM, Higgins said:

Crazy how everyone hated on the potential three peat but now with a four peat everyone seems to be cheering for them.

My post was actually me reconsidering my previous stance which was that I'd rather see the fourpeat than the free agents win. Don't get me wrong, I was never cheering for either to happen.

And looking back at the posts, one person had made a comment that they were happy with this result before you made your post. A single person.

Edited by Streetlight

None of the free agents had the trust in me to get a goalie apparently, or didn't have the patience to see if I would. I could say they burned their bridges with me too, and make these passive threats about comments people make, but why? 

People say things when they are on teams because they are supporting their team. I've had nothing against Calgary the whole time I've been a GM, because they haven't been competitive - but I sure as hell wanted to beat them this year. That doesn't mean I suddenly won't deal with Eagles or trade for someone/sign someone who was on their team - even if they were against Toronto this year. I'd expect them to be. The only things I care about is behaviour over a long period of time, I want players on my team that I and my teammates want to be around and have fun with - so far that's worked out alright for me.

The only FA that shot him self in the foot with regards to Toronto is Velvet, because he put himself over the team and got what he deserved. And even that is halfway joking (but I hope he never wins another cup now, ungrateful jerk). Anyway, this argument is stupid. They all signed in Calgary to win a cup and didn't, so they can be upset and they can do whatever they want this coming free agency. If they believe in eagles and Calgary they should stay - if they don't, I'm sure there are 9 other teams who would be glad to have them (8 in the case of Velvet). If Kendrick wants to hold a comment against someone, who cares? It's his player. There are multiple paths to take in the VHL. I've held things against players that I didn't think fit the team I wanted to build and didn't go for them, despite them being a talent upgrade. Everyone has their own strategy. 

15 minutes ago, Molholt said:

None of the free agents had the trust in me to get a goalie apparently, or didn't have the patience to see if I would. I could say they burned their bridges with me too, and make these passive threats about comments people make, but why? 

People say things when they are on teams because they are supporting their team. I've had nothing against Calgary the whole time I've been a GM, because they haven't been competitive - but I sure as hell wanted to beat them this year. That doesn't mean I suddenly won't deal with Eagles or trade for someone/sign someone who was on their team - even if they were against Toronto this year. I'd expect them to be. The only things I care about is behaviour over a long period of time, I want players on my team that I and my teammates want to be around and have fun with - so far that's worked out alright for me.

The only FA that shot him self in the foot with regards to Toronto is Velvet, because he put himself over the team and got what he deserved. And even that is halfway joking (but I hope he never wins another cup now, ungrateful jerk). Anyway, this argument is stupid. They all signed in Calgary to win a cup and didn't, so they can be upset and they can do whatever they want this coming free agency. If they believe in eagles and Calgary they should stay - if they don't, I'm sure there are 9 other teams who would be glad to have them (8 in the case of Velvet). If Kendrick wants to hold a comment against someone, who cares? It's his player. There are multiple paths to take in the VHL. I've held things against players that I didn't think fit the team I wanted to build and didn't go for them, despite them being a talent upgrade. Everyone has their own strategy. 

Sheesh I left the team after 3 seasons of winning. Honestly it looked to me like you were losing steam as GM into the three-peat season with the baseball league and other stuff you had on your plate. Plus if Wingod didn't retire I probably wouldn't have left, but I don't regret leaving because it's fun for me, well until I read stuff like this that puts a tiny damper on it.

anyway fuck the four-peat that shit is lame, we want league parity, but only if it benefits me!

36 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Sheesh I left the team after 3 seasons of winning. Honestly it looked to me like you were losing steam as GM into the three-peat season with the baseball league and other stuff you had on your plate. Plus if Wingod didn't retire I probably wouldn't have left, but I don't regret leaving because it's fun for me, well until I read stuff like this that puts a tiny damper on it.

anyway fuck the four-peat that shit is lame, we want league parity, but only if it benefits me!

I'm glad you had fun - it's fun for us to eliminate you. Velvet tried to pull a Lebron and chase titles away from his hometown (except in his situation his hometown had given him nothing but titles), but this time there will be no coming home. 

(Also take a joke, don't be a crybaby, I'm going to continue poking fun of you for leaving until we are rebuilding) 

2 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

Let them get the four-peat, then Seattle is gonna dethrone TOR. 

Id say me blowing up the team is a more likely culprit for dethroning us. But we'd have to win first, and I've felt the odds of that happening to be very low all season. 

3 hours ago, Molholt said:

I'm glad you had fun - it's fun for us to eliminate you. Velvet tried to pull a Lebron and chase titles away from his hometown (except in his situation his hometown had given him nothing but titles), but this time there will be no coming home. 

(Also take a joke, don't be a crybaby, I'm going to continue poking fun of you for leaving until we are rebuilding) 

Why would I want to go back to Toronto where the GM claims welfare.....

Black Velvet S50 Playoff M-V-P baby, ain't no 3-peat without the #1 Alannah Myles hit

(Take as this as joke, don't be a crybaby, I'm going to root against Toronto now because I think the same team winning multiple times in a row is no good for league)

4 hours ago, Molholt said:

The only FA that shot him self in the foot with regards to Toronto is Velvet, because he put himself over the team and got what he deserved. And even that is halfway joking (but I hope he never wins another cup now, ungrateful jerk). Anyway, this argument is stupid. They all signed in Calgary to win a cup and didn't, so they can be upset and they can do whatever they want this coming free agency. If they believe in eagles and Calgary they should stay - if they don't, I'm sure there are 9 other teams who would be glad to have them (8 in the case of Velvet). If Kendrick wants to hold a comment against someone, who cares? It's his player. There are multiple paths to take in the VHL.

In all fairness I wasn't going to sign in Toronto because I had not knowing GM situations and I got the indication from you and a few of your players that they didn't know what was going to happen. It wasn't anything personal with Toronto or anything, but more geared around not knowing what was going on.

It's not directly me holding a comment against them, but it does speak volumes on how they deal with players and people who just didn't choose them in one off-season. In Cologne I was upset FA's didn't sign at different times but I never came into a thread when they lost and gave them a shitty comment.

@stevo I'm not even sure you know whats going on, so its best you stay out.