question?

dalejr88

9 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Someone lynch someone before i get bored 

I was ready to, but then everyone got so agreeable. What has this league come to? I was so ready to come out with hurtful words and those fuckers @Draper and @Kendrick resolved everything amicably! FUCK THOSE GUYS!

I did get a chuckle though considering how psyched we were to move away from the stolen logos and how much pride we put in having 100% original content. It is a bit of a point of pride for us, and in my opinion was one of the things that took us up a notch during the 20s.

12 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Also can't believe the fast one these guys pulled on you for recruiting. They made this all up to make you visit their site 

Yeah except if you go to their site, the graphic side of things is something they need to work on. All it is is a forum of text.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

I actually was registered there in 2013 to recruit, nice try.

Looking through my account there, I registered there in 2010 to probe things out. Four months after I registered here, actually. I made a player, but I never was able to stick it out. They simmed with NHL 2004 at the time, and things moved kind of slowly. Also this place was and is my only true love, so ain't nobody got time for that. They really hated that we used to use unoriginal logos. I somewhat reached out to them in 2011 to see if they were interested in affiliating, and they were not at all.

Anyway, to address the rest of this thread, I know this is resolved and all, but I'll put in my two cents anyway. The logos do indeed look similar enough that one could make a case that one was ripped from another. We don't condone that sort of thing (Although, in the case of the VHL using one of our banners, I really didn't mind that, since they're a GM league). But the fact is that the only thing I personally really know now is that our Bears logo is at least ~3.5 years old, and the creator, apparently @Koradek, hasn't truly been around for quite some time now. He didn't seem like the stealing type, since he was so gifted a graphics dude I don't see why he would need to, but who really knows. If Mizu really was offended and had a reasonable case that it was ripped, then I'd say maybe making a new logo would be a reasonable possibility. But since he isn't and there isn't one, and no one has even noticed this for at least 3.5 years, this seems like an odd thing to crusade about.

But, for what it's worth, I think the TBN has been around longer than we have, oddly enough. I don't know about now, but they were a significantly different style of sim league than us. Toswammi used to be a regular there, in fact. Obviously any league that can last more than a few years must have their shit together. Kudos to them.

On 11/7/2016 at 11:04 PM, Smarch said:

Also can't believe the fast one these guys pulled on you for recruiting. They made this all up to make you visit their site 

We must employ this tactic ourselves.

But slightly modify it so we can say we weren't copying them.

• 3 weeks later...
On November 7, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Jericho said:

I was ready to, but then everyone got so agreeable. What has this league come to? I was so ready to come out with hurtful words and those fuckers @Draper and @Kendrick resolved everything amicably! FUCK THOSE GUYS!

I did get a chuckle though considering how psyched we were to move away from the stolen logos and how much pride we put in having 100% original content. It is a bit of a point of pride for us, and in my opinion was one of the things that took us up a notch during the 20s.

Agreed. That was seriously fucked, lol. Think he was on bath salts?

Props to @Kendrick #Kendrick4president

Just now, Banackock said:

Agreed. That was seriously fucked, lol. Think he was on bath salts?

Props to @Kendrick #Kendrick4president

this was like 20 days ago....

You necro'd this post. Are you the guy who friends someone on facebook and then goes and likes their photos from 2013?

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

You necro'd this post. Are you the guy who friends someone on facebook and then goes and likes their photos from 2013?

That's like my grandma!

she went back and liked a 5 year old picture of me and my bitch ex. Talk about cringeworthy.....

Just now, ADwyer87 said:

That's like my grandma!

she went back and liked a 5 year old picture of me and my bitch ex. Talk about cringeworthy.....

you can't have a grandma on facebook! Rookie mistake!

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

It came up on my dash. ;) 

Relax, hun.