VHL Game Night?

Tagger

Hey there, I've been watching some video game streams recently and got the idea of perhaps hosting a VHL Game Night one day this week (Likely Friday) and was just wondering if it's an idea that would interest people. 

What is a VHL Game Night? 

VHL Game Night would essentially be me hosting games which I would be streaming over Twitch (or perhaps Beam if Twitch lag makes certain games difficult to participate in) and I would make it available for any VHL member to join in on the fun! Since some games are player-capped, we would set up either a rotation or a second stream so that everyone can be involved. To also make it a more social experience (since most of these games are better with conversation) we can set up a group skype chat to run simultaneously with the game. 

What Games Would Be Played?

I think the best way to utilize the Game Night would be to use games where either I am the only one who requires the game or a web browser game. So these are examples I have for that front:

- Jackbox Party Packs 1-3 (Players only need their phone, tablet or laptop to participate, Examples of the games involved can be found here, here and here, with the best examples of games for our audience being Drawful, Fibbage, Quiplash and Tee K-O)

- Cards Against Humanity

- Isketch

- Town of Salem

- Any other suggestions welcome!

When Would The Game Night Be?

Like mentioned earlier, I would like to try doing this on Friday, but am open to other suggestions. Given our wide range of audience though, there are different time zones that would need to be adhered to. So, depending on interest, my idea would be to do two different episodes, one from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM GMT (Which would be 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM EST I believe, but I'd have to check that this clocks have gone back recently) for our European audience and then another one later on in the day from 6:00 PM EST to 8:00 PM EST (Again, not sure but think that would be 11:00 PM Friday - 1 AM Saturday GMT) for our American audience. 

Would I Be Able To Invite People Not From VHL To Participate In The Game Night?

Sure! In fact, it could be a good way to introduce your friends to the VHL Community! 

So, any interest anyone? If you reply with your interest in this thread, it will help me figure out whether I should plan to do two or one episodes and what day I should stream. Thanks!

Current Interest List:

1 - YEAH!

2 - Stamkos

3 - Mr. Power

4 - Kendrick

5 - Eaglesfan

6 - Draper

7 - Tfong

8 - Toast

9 - Solas

Future Interest List:

1 - Daniel

2 - Molholt

3 - Jardy

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

Just now, Mr. Power said:

Also @YEAH!stlemania please tell me the epic GB antics is what you were referring to in regards too streams and Jack box.

That was good and yes hopefully we can recreate some of that magic.

I'd actually watched some stuff on it before that though on a YouTube channel called NewLegacyInc (which actually focuses mostly on wrestling games) which is what got me to buy it.

• Head Moderator
36 minutes ago, Ahma said:

civ6 way too unbalanced for good multiplayer, and it doesn't have the mods to balance it.

civ5 multiplayer best.

Dunno what you are talking about. I've finished 3 games on civ 6 already. The experience is also a lot better than 5. 5 kept crashing and corrupted saves etc...

6 is way better both functionality and gameplay isn't imbalanced at all and we're doing full player groups.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, tfong said:

Dunno what you are talking about. I've finished 3 games on civ 6 already. The experience is also a lot better than 5. 5 kept crashing and corrupted saves etc...

6 is way better both functionality and gameplay isn't imbalanced at all and we're doing full player groups.

I have 6, the only thing I hate is the map itself. Specifically the brown contrast shit that blankets everything - I much prefer the 'fog of war' that hid the map in Civ 5.

• Head Moderator
52 minutes ago, Draper said:

I have 6, the only thing I hate is the map itself. Specifically the brown contrast shit that blankets everything - I much prefer the 'fog of war' that hid the map in Civ 5.

Rly? I really like how they did the fog of war, feels nice. The graphics is part of the reason why I like Civ6 now, I feel they are much more "fun".

Hmm, I'd like to participate in this, especially if I can get drunk with Draper, but I can't actually commit to any specific time or date. Put me down for a future and if you never expect me to show up, you won't be disappointed!

• Head Moderator
9 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Hmm, I'd like to participate in this, especially if I can get drunk with Draper, but I can't actually commit to any specific time or date. Put me down for a future and if you never expect me to show up, you won't be disappointed!

Civ 6 is rly good about you dropping into the game ad hoc and just picking up a nation (hopefully that hasn't been destroyed yet).

2 minutes ago, tfong said:

Civ 6 is rly good about you dropping into the game ad hoc and just picking up a nation (hopefully that hasn't been destroyed yet).

I don't know if you meant to quote me, but I meant in the Games Night in general. I haven't played any of the Civs yet. But I'd be more inclined to play Civ V because it constantly goes on heavy Steam sales :P

16 hours ago, Draper said:

Oh also one stipulation is that I can't be the only one drinking

Got your back, jack.

I'm in for Friday... particularly interested in ToS as well.

• Head Moderator
7 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I don't know if you meant to quote me, but I meant in the Games Night in general. I haven't played any of the Civs yet. But I'd be more inclined to play Civ V because it constantly goes on heavy Steam sales :P

Civ 5 multiplayer gets kinda buggy. Get the new one!