S50 Hall of Fame

Will

• Senior Admin

S50 Hall of Fame Induction

Welcome to the S50 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Today we have for you two players to induct. No builder this season. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First it's the former Stockholm phenom, Lord Karnage. Karnage was Stockholm's top dog for a long time as he tried to help finally bring a championship to the franchise. Evidently that endeavor was unsuccessful but the lack of cups doesn't hold Karnage back, whose back-to-back-to-back-to-back Boulet Trophy's more than make up for that fact. There are only two other players in history who have won the Boulet 4 times over their career - Scott Boulet, whom the award happens to be named after, and Leeroy Jenkins. Note that neither Jenkins nor Boulet won all of theirs consecutively; Karnage is the only player to 4peat the Boulet Trophy. 

In short, Lord Karnage was an animal. 2662HIT over the course of a career puts him 3rd in All-Time Career Hits and 77GWG puts him 2nd in All-Time Game Winners. It's a bit of a shame he never got that cup in Stockholm, or New York at the end, but in any case it's clear Lord Karnage is one of the most dominant Two-Way forwards to ever play. 

D/LW - Lord Karnage, S42-S49 :sto: :nya:

576 GP, 359 G, 448 A, 807 P, +278, 1262 PIM, 2632 HIT, 375 SB, 77 GW

S42 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy - Top Rookie
S44 Scott Boulet Trophy - Top Two-Way Forward
S45 Scott Boulet Trophy - Top Two-Way Forward
S46 Scott Boulet Trophy - Top Two-Way Forward
S47 Scott Boulet Trophy - Top Two-Way Forward

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next is someone who has been on the ballot for a couple of years, Mason Richardson. Drafted 2nd Overall in the S40 VHL Entry Draft to the Cologne Express, Richardson would go on to win a cup with the same team in Season 42 before moving to Davos for Season 43. Richardson stayed with Davos through Season 46, winning a Sterling Labatte Trophy for being the league's top defensemen and a Alexander Beketov Trophy for Most Assists in his final season with the franchise. His last season in the league was spent with Riga, after which he had reached the mandatory retirement age. 

Overall, Mason Richardson was a dependable defensive force and his 961 career Shots Blocked is truly outstanding. A well-deserved induction. 

D - Mason Richardson, S40-S47 :col::dav::rig:
576 GP, 143 G, 474 A, 617 P, +208, 879 PIM, 1,218 HIT, 961 SB, 25 GW

S46 Sterling Labatte Trophy

S46 Alexander Beketov Trophy
One Continental Cup (S42)

Player Vote

Lord Karnage - 12/13

Mason Richardson - 7/13

Felix Peters - 3/13

7 hours ago, Victor said:

Peters has beaten every ballot related record by this point.

I'm almost to the point where I think we should just have an "honorary mid season induction" that puts him in. I feel like the way we do our process in terms of the argument of two people getting in in a specific draft class makes it tough for people who are HOF worthy but not as HOF worthy as others. It can create season after season. Maybe if someone has been on the ballot for 15+ seasons we should just determine if they are a worthy HOF, and if so, we get them in. 

52 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

I'm almost to the point where I think we should just have an "honorary mid season induction" that puts him in. I feel like the way we do our process in terms of the argument of two people getting in in a specific draft class makes it tough for people who are HOF worthy but not as HOF worthy as others. It can create season after season. Maybe if someone has been on the ballot for 15+ seasons we should just determine if they are a worthy HOF, and if so, we get them in. 

One thing I found funny is that even in a slow year he didn't get in, which is silly.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

One thing I found funny is that even in a slow year he didn't get in, which is silly.

Yeah I think that is mostly due to how divided that second vote can be on a given year. 

It just adds to the strangeness because I feel like if you were to ask any of the BoG most would agree that he is HoF material.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yeah I think that is mostly due to how divided that second vote can be on a given year. 

It just adds to the strangeness because I feel like if you were to ask any of the BoG most would agree that he is HoF material.

Not only that but in the NHL in a weak year, they still induct someone regardless. It's not like because it's a slow year, we should just hand out one honour.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Not only that but in the NHL in a weak year, they still induct someone regardless. It's not like because it's a slow year, we should just hand out one honour.

True. Could just need to be a format change. We currently allow users to vote for 1 or 2 members, and we only induct the two members if their vote total is at least half of the BoG numbers. 

The issue though is if we end up in a situation where nobody needs to be inducted. Although the way we do it currently isn't perfect either so I don't know, perhaps something worth bringing up in BoG though.