TV Show Discussion Thread

.sniffuM

• 4 weeks later...

Watched Iron fist on netflix

the serie is good, probably the weakest though compared to Daredevil or Luke Cage. The storyline is decent enough and has potential, but not a huge fan of the actor playing iron fist. Maybe the character he has to play needs to look like a lil bitch, but anyway. The actors playing Ward Meachum and Harold Meachum were pretty solid imo

55 minutes ago, boubabi said:

The actors playing Ward Meachum and Harold Meachum were pretty solid imo

Me and my roommate finished the series the other day and this was similar to our take. I thought it had very good build, the almost espionage level intrigue that they try to throw into the series early I really dug. I was also fine with the more pacifist approach to the fight scenes, mostly because it felt like it was building up to something greater. That and the Meachum sub plot easily carries the show. But I didn't feel like the payoff was big enough by the end of the series, even if I am still very much interested in those characters and story. It was way better than the critics stated though imo. A lot of reviews were more about some political opinion than an actual review, especially since it can't be white washing when a character was white in the source material, and adapted faithfully to begin with. Anyway. 

One of the things that was interesting to note about all the Netflix shows, and I even feel this extends to Agents of Shield as well when it relates to MCU TV properties. More often than not it's the side characters and actors that steal the show. Don't get me wrong, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones all as characters have some compelling aspects and in general I thought the "fish out of water" approach with Danny being very relaxed only to kind of stumble into this harsher world made sense in Iron Fist as well. Still, pretty much all the side characters or villains in every one of those shows really carries it. You can tell the approach was to make a TV show that would be interesting regardless of super powers in each case, and then just sprinkle you rmain character super hero around it. Everyone from Claire to Stick to the Meachums, even to Purple Man in Jessica Jones. Just some solid side acting/sub plot stuff, and I hope as the heroes themselves get more built up that maybe we see some more interesting things from them. 

• 4 weeks later...

13 Reasons Why is a fantastic show. I knew going into it is was about a girl who committed suicide, but for whatever reason I didn't expect to feel the feels the way that I did. Man, it hits you.

@Da Trollfecta 's profile being from this show reminded me of it, and I'm surprised it's not talked about here yet.

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

13 Reasons Why is a fantastic show. I knew going into it is was about a girl who committed suicide, but for whatever reason I didn't expect to feel the feels the way that I did. Man, it hits you.

@Da Trollfecta 's profile being from this show reminded me of it, and I'm surprised it's not talked about here yet.

Definitely a great show. Currently re-watching because I am certain I missed a few things.

1 minute ago, Da Trollfecta said:

Definitely a great show. Currently re-watching because I am certain I missed a few things.

Yeah, I feel like I want a re-watch as well. I never do that right away with any TV shows, yet this one I really want to.

To me, it really gives off this Life Is Strange vibe, like from the video game. I suppose because of the high school things and some of the music it gives me that vibe, plus in LiS there's a missing girl, whereas in 13RW there's a girl who killed herself.

It's probably no coincidence that Life Is Strange is probably my favourite game, whereas 13RW is now up there as one my my favourite shows. At least, Life Is Strange is a game that hit me emotionally more than any I've ever played.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just looking back me and her like a lot of shows and have finished quite a bit. 

Supernatural, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, Prison Break, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Walking Dead, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Quantico. We also watch "reality TV' shows like Big Brother and Big Brother Canada, Are You The One, Master Chef Impractical Jokers etc

Currently we just started two new series, she picked Friends and I picked Luke Cage. so im pretty excited for those. Friends in my opinion has always been ok. It's not my fav but the episodes are short and pass time.

If I had to rank them I would:

1. Supernatural

2. The Office

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

4. How I Met Your Mother (the ending man, just kills me)

5. Daredevil

6. Prison Break

7. The Walking Dead

8. Jessica Jones

9. Lost

10. Quantico

Anyone watch Blindspot? Fiancée and I watched the first 2 seasons. The first season was solid, and the first half of season 2 was good, but we felt they rushed the ending of that story arc and the weird ass season finale killed any chance of us going on to S3

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:22 AM, Banackock said:

GoT = 10/10. Addicted. Binged hard with the girlfriend and watched all 7 seasons in a matter of months.

need a new addiction. Anyone watch Vikings? I've heard good things. 

watch Rome it's another HBO show I'm watching it now. It's only two seasons but it's every bit as good as GOT. It's based on real life tho so it could be spoiled depending on how much history you know :P

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

watch Rome it's another HBO show I'm watching it now. It's only two seasons but it's every bit as good as GOT. It's based on real life tho so it could be spoiled depending on how much history you know :P

Really sucks that they didn't like the budget for it. Especially when you consider how much fucking money they spend making GoT, and you're like....but you cancelled Rome because of the budget? Come on. :lol:

I've finally started watching Peaky Blinders S4. Fuck, I forgot how much I love this show. Cillian Murphy is a legend.

7 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Really sucks that they didn't like the budget for it. Especially when you consider how much fucking money they spend making GoT, and you're like....but you cancelled Rome because of the budget? Come on. :lol:

I've finally started watching Peaky Blinders S4. Fuck, I forgot how much I love this show. Cillian Murphy is a legend.

yea I guess Rome was a different time for TV as a whole but it does suck for sure. I still haven't gotten through it all the way but I heard they had to rush Season 2 a lot.

4 minutes ago, Tyler said:

yea I guess Rome was a different time for TV as a whole but it does suck for sure. I still haven't gotten through it all the way but I heard they had to rush Season 2 a lot.

Either way it was a great show, and has a GoT feel to it. Lots of action and fucking, of course.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

I seen it on Xbox and was gonna get it but wasn't too sure. I like lengthy binges, haha. If I get super hooked, I'll just sink into something similar like GOT :P

Zero history about that stuff. So I'm all set. :)  

Also been trying out West World or whatever. About 6 eppy's in and it's meh. Started out very intriguing but it;'s losing ground for myself and the girlfriend. 

18 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I seen it on Xbox and was gonna get it but wasn't too sure. I like lengthy binges, haha. If I get super hooked, I'll just sink into something similar like GOT :P

Zero history about that stuff. So I'm all set. :)  

Also been trying out West World or whatever. About 6 eppy's in and it's meh. Started out very intriguing but it;'s losing ground for myself and the girlfriend. 

yeah it is really good it's not a lengthy binge but you can watch it all over a few days if you're committed

Fargo is another good show that I think a lot of people missed

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Peaky, fucking Blinders. What a show. Only seen the first season as roomate and I moved on to other stuff, but we loved it. We will get back to it. Might be my favorite performance from Murphy honestly, and I love how they weave those intro's into scenes that fit with the theme song. God damn what a show. Watch it people!

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Peaky, fucking Blinders. What a show. Only seen the first season as roomate and I moved on to other stuff, but we loved it. We will get back to it. Might be my favorite performance from Murphy honestly, and I love how they weave those intro's into scenes that fit with the theme song. God damn what a show. Watch it people!

I think that has to be my favourite part of the show. There's no "theme song" that plays where its separate from the show. The show just starts, and the music starts playing, and it's usually Tommy walking to wherever he's going. I don't know, it just goes so smoothly.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Banackock said:

Guys.. need a show.. GoT = 10/10. Couldn't finish Vikings after like the 2nd season.. 

Gotham looks meh. #help

Does it have to be on Netflix or anything?