Health and Fitness - Motivational Thread

Advantage

I set my home gym up on Tuesday/Wednesday and did a short session yesterday of bench, curls, and aerobic rowing.  Still figuring this contraption out.

Been eating all the rest of the "bad"  food from my cupboard all week going shopping this weekend for "good" food.  Planning on making a list and sticking to it.

Edited by Mike

Its been 10 days since my initial weight (265) and post here.  Since then I've gone to the store and bought healthy foods salad, misc veggies, brown rice, healthy cereal (high fiber/protein low sugar), only meat I've bought was chicken, and other good foods.  I'm currently trying to workout on the Bowflex 3 days a week and my weight as of right now 262 (-3).  I know it fluctuates greatly from day to day so we'll see how it goes in another 10 or so days.

Edited by Mike

Also I am working out every 2nd day, I am growing my stamina by a shit ton and am growing muscle. But I am eating like shit (oven bake pizza last 4/6 days), once I stop living on my lonesome I will get back to eating normal again.

I had a really rough week last week after my now ex and I broke up after over ten months.  Went once and only did one session downstairs.  Didn't eat well either.

After a lot of thinking this weekend, it should just be more motivation to go back at it this week.  Roommate and I set up a mini gym room downstairs as well for weekends where we just want to get something light in (a little bench, resistance bands, mats, etc.)

22 hours ago, Advantage said:

I had a really rough week last week after my now ex and I broke up after over ten months.  Went once and only did one session downstairs.  Didn't eat well either.

After a lot of thinking this weekend, it should just be more motivation to go back at it this week.  Roommate and I set up a mini gym room downstairs as well for weekends where we just want to get something light in (a little bench, resistance bands, mats, etc.)

Oh shit man, that's rough. Sorry to hear that... although hopefully it's for the best. 

What I found is that the gym is actually a terrific distraction AND motivation right after. Plus, now I can feel good about posting all my gifs and videos  for gym motivation. But seriously, hit me up if you wanna chat. You have support here, my friend. 

mini gym idea is amaze-balls. On those crappy days where you don't feel like leaving the house, you can still get a workout in (or get swole before you head out for the night) .... although I tend to still get to the gym on those days just because I think of the hot hinee that will be there... that and BEACH SEASON. 

At some point. I'm still planning on making youtube VHL fitness videos... hopefully for all of your benefit.....I had to do a skill analysis of a volleyball serve for a kin course at UofT last semester... and being me... I waited until the morning of to start and finish it. Here's how it turned out... (got 95% on it btw haha)

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh shit man, that's rough. Sorry to hear that... although hopefully it's for the best. 

What I found is that the gym is actually a terrific distraction AND motivation right after. Plus, now I can feel good about posting all my gifs and videos  for gym motivation. But seriously, hit me up if you wanna chat. You have support here, my friend. 

mini gym idea is amaze-balls. On those crappy days where you don't feel like leaving the house, you can still get a workout in (or get swole before you head out for the night) .... although I tend to still get to the gym on those days just because I think of the hot hinee that will be there... that and BEACH SEASON. 

At some point. I'm still planning on making youtube VHL fitness videos... hopefully for all of your benefit.....I had to do a skill analysis of a volleyball serve for a kin course at UofT last semester... and being me... I waited until the morning of to start and finish it. Here's how it turned out... (got 95% on it btw haha)

Is what it is...which is that it is done.

Yeah some days I have a lot of class (like Tuesdays for example) and the idea of spending a couple hours at the gym after 10+ hours at the school just isn't always interesting to me.  So being able to come home and get something in makes me feel a lot better.  Weekends too.

We'll have to get a beer together the next time I'm in Toronto.

Edited by Advantage

2 hours ago, Advantage said:

I always feel ridiculous after arm day. Like my arms are jello so while im driving..turning the wheel can be a little hazardous lol.

Thats good, you keep going you wont feel anything. Only reason why they hurt is because you havent worked those muscles at all (or hardly).