Blades of Steel Questions Thread

Kendrick

• Commissioner

Not sure when the next time you’re planning on doing a podcast is but might as well get my questions in:

1. What do you think the North American Conference playoffs in the VHL will look like this season?

2. Any teams you think will make a big push this year?

3. Do you think Podcasts are starting to take over from the more traditional Point Tasks? If so, why do you think that is?

4. Do you think people should give the same questions to multiple Podcasts or come up with original ones? Personally I like hearing different people’s takes on the same questions.

5. Would you ever consider being a guest on the CoDCast if I could ever figure out a way to do it or would the timezones be too tough?

Technically speaking since there was no sign up sheet or what not. Tyson Kohler is in his what 4th season? You should be able to create a 2nd player at the deadline since you are one of maybe less than 10 who are left to not make one. Thoughts on this player?

Thoughts on your recreate player? if you have thought about him yet

Thoughts on free agency next year?

thoughts on this season so far? 

thoughts on @Molholt getting beaten up by Undertaker? 

thoughts on why @Higgins acts like he isnt @Drapers multi

thoughts on joining Oslo if you are allowed to make a 2nd player ;) 

I need a "What did I miss" segment. What big things happened the last 6ish seasons?

Pastrnak is building to be a dangler: Puck Handling, Scoring, and Penalty Shot, with Skating as a close second. What player types that exist in the NHL do you think would be fun to see work in the VHL that aren't usually built?

If you had to create a bot by redistributing TPE, not adding or subtracting, where would you redistribute and why?

11 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I found out I could output the league sliders on the index. They're at the bottom of the index. Ignore the farm ones, they're irrelevant because I don't sim farm games. Thoughts?

Where at? I see nothing

which sim league member taught you the most about graphics?

do you agree that off-ssn international tournys always seem to have a hard time in terms of activity/popularity? What do you think of my idea to do an off-ssn tourny/event based on member locations (i.e. split north american into ~4 portions based on NW/NE/SW/SE and then have a european team)? Would it just flounder as badly as the current 'play where ever you decide ur player to be from' style?

pls give me a run down of what you know about VHL member MOLHOLT , any info is relevant that u want to share. 

who is the worst VHL podcaster for not asking questions to other casts and why is it Jericho?

Edited by gorlab

Crazy idea: every year before the VHL Draft, we have a "Scouting Combine", where every draft-eligible member (or, to narrow the field, those that sign up for the event) gets their own team of bots and it's just them on the team, going up against other 1-man teams, including 1-man goalie teams for our goalie prospects. What Builds would thrive in this sim? Would this be a fun way to keep the VHLM active, where this event happens halfway through the season and right before the draft?

Your take on Project Two so far, do you ultimately think it will be a success? 

Thoughts on the NHL season thus far, surprises, disappointments, etc? 

What made you decide to stay in Calgary this season? And as a follow up, how many more players do you think you have in you? 

Headed into a draft, would you rather have a player like Franchise Cornerstone that has 99 PA and 99 SC and 75 PH or would you rather have a more structured build like a 99 SC and 92 PA and 85 PH with a bit of other stuff? Does that build work well just because they're dominating control of the puck or does the decision engine not really matter as much as once thought? Will it work well early in the VHL?

Pastrnak has not been doing as well as I wanted, only 6th among LW. Do I just need to wait for my time to come in Yukon?

• 2 weeks later...

Predict the three North American playoff spots

Will see any players hit seventy goals this season, with Sleeman and Unassisted close to that pace. Also in the same mindframe, will anyone hit above 130 points this season? Who?

Why are goalies suck crapshoots in the STHS? Why did i make a stupid choice to make one Kendrick? I can't figure it out maybe you will

How much longer you have it in you for the VHL?

Where do you want to go next with your player with Calgary likely rebuilding next season?

@Kendrick

If given the chance, will you create a second player?

What are your thoughts on the second player project now that you have seen it in action for a couple seasons?

Thoughts on third players?

Do you think the VHLM should contract another team?

Should the VHL contract?

• Commissioner

1. Have you ever visited the east coast? If so, where? If not, wtf?

2. If you were forced to give up your career but had no limitations in what your new career would be what would you choose?

3. How are the Wranglers treating you this season?

4. A little early to predict by how do you foresee free agency going this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you start tagging the people who's questions you answer in your actual podcast threads?

edit - o wait u do, nevermind.

Can you please start up your Shittalking the SHL segment regularly?

Edited by gorlab