apparently I've been living under a rock

scoop

A lion was killed and apparently people got upset about it, and there was a huge uproar.

I had no idea this happened until I started seeing people using this as an anti-abortion platform.

What's going on?

lol tfong - I chuckled at 'uproar' too.

I'll I know about it, streety, is that there's an uproar because people are caring about one lion being killed in Africa while Blacks are still be killed in the USA by the hundreds... sparking the hashtag: #BlackLivesMatter 

• Head Moderator

I'll I know about it, streety, is that there's an uproar because people are caring about one lion being killed in Africa while Blacks are still be killed in the USA by the hundreds... sparking the hashtag: #BlackLivesMatter 

One is an endangered species.....the other...isn't.....really...yet....?

As harsh as that may sound, its not like anyone cared when all the Chinese workers died building the railroad.

Or why do people even care that Whitney's child, a junkie died for that matter when the same thing happens to other African-americans die by the hundreds each day, howcome they don't get headlines?

Cuz it sells views!

Edited by tfong

One is an endangered species.....the other...isn't.....really...yet....?

As harsh as that may sound, its not like anyone cared when all the Chinese workers died building the railroad.

Oh I know - All those things are terrible but I'm just relaying the info - not saying I agree or disagree with it. I don't see how or why one would want to compare them at all. 

• Head Moderator

Oh I know - All those things are terrible but I'm just relaying the info - not saying I agree or disagree with it. I don't see how or why one would want to compare them at all. 

Cuz lions are symbolic and sell headlines and are fuzzy and cute when not eating people.

If Cecil was seen in a picture eating an African-American Native and the dentist shot him, he'd be called a hero.

At the same time police are being counter killed throughout the U.S. the news only shows what gets traction. One story in one small town can get covered for a week and another at the same time in a different part of the U.S. is ignored. National media outlets shouldnt cover celebrity news and local stories just for views.