S37 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

In by far the easiest Hall of Fame session by the Board of Governors, a unanimous decision sees the induction of 3 worthy Hall of Famers: 2 Players and 1 Builder.

------------

The two players have been very unlucky to have retired at the same time as greats such as David Smalling, Alexander Labatte, Alexander Chershenko, and Ryan Sullivan, but this shouldn't take away from their accomplishments. At the time of writing, Phil Rafter and Volodymyr Rybak are in the top 6 all-time scorers and in the top 5 all-time goal-scorers and from S27 to S35 you couldn't go a season without seeing at least one of them among the VHL's offensive leaders.

C - Phil Rafter, S27-S34
576 GP, 407 G, 485 A, 892 P, +342, 109 PIM, 80 HIT, 350 SB, 66 GW

S28 Francis Trophy
S29 Francis Trophy
S30 Francis Trophy
S32 Brett Slobodzian Trophy
S32 Mike Szatkowski Trophy
S32 Kevin Brooks Trophy
S33 Mikka Virkkunen Trophy
One Continental Cup (S31)

LW - Volodymyr Rybak, S28-S35
576 GP, 398 G, 486 A, 884 P, +369, 447 PIM, 1075 HIT, 292 SB, 56 GW

S31 Scotty Campbell Trophy
S31 Lemieux Trophy
S31 Joe Malone Memorial Trophy
S35 Scott Boulet Trophy
One Continental Cup (S30)

------------

Meanwhile, the inducted Builder is recently retired Seattle Bears GM Greg Harbinson. In addition to his recent tenure as the Bears GM (S34-S37), Greg also managed the team from S20 to S28, winning a Continental Cup along the way.

With players Greg Harbinson, Hall of Famer Markus Strauss, Felix Peters, and Zack Sound, Greg spent 24 seasons with the Seattle Bears franchise from Season 13 to Season 37. No other member contributed more to the Seattle Bears or arguably any other VHL organisation than Greg Harbinson.

------------

With that, congratulations to the S37 VHL Hall of Fame inductees: Phil Rafter, Volodymyr Rybak, and Greg Harbinson. :cheers:

Wow never thought I'd be in the VHL HOF as a Builder. thanks guys 

Really? The BOG kind of voted unanimous on that. Congrats you deserve it!

Guest Svoboda_3

Great job everyone and thanks for the selection. Truly and honor. I also won some shit in the VHLM and internationally, but I can't remember.

Edited by Svoboda_3

• Admin

Great job everyone and thanks for the selection. Truly and honor. I also won some shit in the VHLM and internationally, but I can't remember.

You also won my heart in Calgary.

You also won my heart in Calgary.

This.  Although...when Sullivan was drafted there he threatened me due to my draft position and recent early retirement :P

After that cup win...calling me a "weird cool guy"....that won my heart though.

Wow never thought I'd be in the VHL HOF as a Builder. thanks guys 

You spearheaded one half of the greatest rivalry of the 20s.

Though Slobo may have captured the hearts of those fags, you captured mine in Greg Finds Love and The Trip.