S36 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

It's been a few difficult seasons of voting for the Board of Governors due to the unbelievable quality of players eligible. The final vote may seem far apart but only because the majority edged towards the two players who have the honour of being first-ballot inductees into the VHL Hall of Fame.

Alexander Labatte - 10/12

Ryan Sullivan - 9/12

----------------

Volodymyr Rybak - 3/12

Phil Rafter - 2/12

G - Alexander Labatte, S28-S35 (Toronto Legion, Riga Reign, New York Americans, Calgary Wranglers)

One of the greatest goaltenders in VHL history and one who played for a remarkable amount of teams (for a goalie) with success found in all locations.

515 GP, 335W, 130L, 47OTL, 2.01 GAA, .924%, 69 SO

S28 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy (co-winner)

S31 Aidan Shaw Trophy

S32 Scotty Campbell Trophy

S32 Aidan Shaw Trophy

S33 Aidan Shaw Trophy

One Continental Cup (S29)

D - Ryan Sullivan, S29-S35 (Calgary Wranglers, New York Americans, Helsinki Titans)

Another former top rookie and in just 7 seasons Sullivan in his stead established himself as one of the best defencemen in VHL history.

504 GP, 148 G, 500 A, 648 P, +254, 1060 PIM, 1768 HIT, 848 SB, 26 GW

S29 Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy

S31 Sterling Labatte Trophy

S31 Mikita Trophy

S31 Dustin Funk Trophy

S33 Sterling Labatte Trophy

S34 Sterling Labatte Trophy

S34 Alexander Beketov Trophy

One Continental Cup (S30)

So with two of the greatest in their positions and definitely of their time, we see two of the top 5 scorers in VHL history (Rafter and Rybak) miss out on the Hall of Fame this season.

--------------------------------

After a bit of a break, there is also a Builder inductee in Season 36! Sandro Desaulniers has been a well-known member since Season 3 at least and has GMed the Seattle Bears (S16-S20) and Toronto Legion (S26-S35) for a total of 15 seasons, winning a cup with both franchises. A valued member of the graphics and NHL discussion community, it is a pleasure to induct Sandro into the Hall of Fame at last.

Congratulations to all 3 inductees! :cheers::vhl:

Glad my Sandro suggestion worked out. I couldn't agree with a better builder for the time he has been here and effort he has put in. Congrats DeltaCanuckian.

Congrats on the inductee's! Tough vote for sure for the honor of first ballot. But players like Rafter and Ryback won't be out of the HoF for long that is for sure.

Also congrats to Sandro. Victor didn't note it but I feel it should be brought up. Despite all the debating back and forth the BoG does Sandro as a builder was so well received that it was a unanimous 13-0 vote to induct him. Perfect suggestion by Kendrick as his time as GM with Toronto just ended and he certainly has done a large number for this league. So congrats on both making it and being able to make the fickle BoG all agree on something!

Congrats on the inductee's! Tough vote for sure for the honor of first ballot. But players like Rafter and Ryback won't be out of the HoF for long that is for sure.

Also congrats to Sandro. Victor didn't note it but I feel it should be brought up. Despite all the debating back and forth the BoG does Sandro as a builder was so well received that it was a unanimous 13-0 vote to induct him. Perfect suggestion by Kendrick as his time as GM with Toronto just ended and he certainly has done a large number for this league. So congrats on both making it and being able to make the fickle BoG all agree on something!

Good point the 13-0 speaks volumes.

• 2 months later...

Well I just noticed this...

:o

Edited by Sandro

I'm bored so I'm going to address a bunch of the posts in here... also because necroposting. :P

Victor - WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME RRRRRAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWR :)

Smarch, STZ, sheriff, flyersfan, Svoboda, John, Trifecta - Thank ya kindly, sirs!

Beketov - Not even kidding the only reason I stumbled across this is because I was thinking, "what's it going to take to get into the HOF"

Kendrick -  :worthy:

sterling - Never heard "Sandster" before haha

Higgins - hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif

Advantage - HOF BUDDY!

Devise - See last post (basically:  :o  >  :francis:  >  ^_^ )

Doomsday - tumblr_lnudlsehda1qhd14co1_500.gif

Frank - i4gpSu9PbQbqb.gif

Remy - LEGOD!

Edited by Sandro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...