Claimed: Record year in the making?

jRuutu

points.png

If you ask from a hockey player what is the most important thing in hockey, I would bet it´s scoring as many points as possible during the season. I´m not any different in that way, if I would have to choose passing the puck, but risk losing potential point because of it or trying to shoot it myself, I would go for the shot 9 times out of 10.

For example if the other net is empty and I manage to get hold of the puck behind our own net, I could pass it up and that way fairly surely someone from the forwards gets a change to shoot it at the empty net at some point, but like mentioned, I could lose the point if and when the forwards try to do something fancy and pass the puck around few times before putting it in. That is why I just skate little bit and shoot myself and hope I hit the net. Does not look too great when the puck goes wide and icing is called, but luckily it does not happen so often, I´m pretty accurate.

ice-hockey-net-arena-36478467.jpg

With that note, I would like to move forward and talk about my season so far, in 28 games I have 45 points! Do you know what that means? If even close to similar pace keeps up, I will break my own personal scoring record this year. The best year for me when it comes down to points was back in season 54, I had 82 points then. Got pretty close last year, but only got 81, so it´s looking really good so far this year.

The real reason behind great start to the year is of course Quebec playing really good hockey. Every player in the team have been able to play without any injuries and as a unit we have only improved from previous years, when same group of players stay together for a while, the chemistry on the ice can be almost magical at times. You can see that when you watch Meute play, first and second line have been unstoppable so far, defense works and Skye on the net has been great, so it might not just be me who is going to have career year.

Everything is naturally possible in the wild world of VHL, Riga and Davos looking like our biggest rivals this year, both teams are the only ones after Quebec who have reached 40 points so far,  Riga has 46 and Davos has 41. After that Helsinki and Toronto are just under 40, so we have tough games coming up, need to play well if we want to win these teams and end the year on the number one position in the standings.  

To end my Wednesday blog entry, I would like to say thanks to all the fans who come to watch us play at every home game! Games have been sold out so far during the season and it really shows, the atmosphere is amazing and really helps us players to push bit harder when we got support like that behind us, so thank you!