O'Callahan Reacts to Recent Mock Draft

Sullvino

O'Callahan Reacts to Recent Mock

Earlier this week, VHL Draft Experts released the first full S57 Mock Draft. The mock draft saw Calder O’Callahan, Las Vegas’ up and coming center, penciled in as the number ten overall pick to Quebec City. During a recent media scrum, we caught up with O’Callahan to hear what this means to him.

“I try to avoid all of that noise during the season. My goal right now is just to work as hard as possible and become the best player I can. I did see the article and where they had me going right now. I would be lying if I said it didn’t make me feel good about my game, seeing they had me as a projected 1st round pick in the VHL. Hopefully, I can continue to work hard, increase my minor league production and raise my draft stock even more. At the same time, I am not focusing on the draft at this time. All of that will take care of itself down the road.”

It is widely known that this draft is one of the deepest in years. With so many good draft prospects, it will be a challenge for O’Callahan to keep up with the pack. However, Calder is confident that his hard work and on-ice performance can continue to open eyes.