Claimed: Early Season 57 1st Round Mock Draft

Frank

The Season 57 class is looking quite strong so far so I figured I'd cover it from a GM perspective. Consider this an early mock draft based off current standings and the teams currently holding those picks. 

Image result for NHL Draft

:nya-old: 1st Overall - CHASE KELLER @Kendrick

After King was passed up multiple times in Season 54, Keller is no brainer at 1st overall he'll be a franchise player for New York. I also believe @STZ and Kendrick get a long quite well so this should be a perfect fit. 

:sto: 2nd Overall - NORRIS KENSINGTON @Bushito

Bushito will take the safe pick here as he'll need a goalie to kick off his rebuild, who better to trust in that position then himself?  Kensington is also the third highest tpe earner of this class currently. He'll also have the ability to have both his players on the same team which will definitely be an advantage as seen in Toronto with Boeser and Ironside. 

:col: 3rd Overall - BONER @Corco

The express have traded their last two high lottery picks so I'd be shocked if they did it again. Express may not seem as too desirable a destination but with a few high picks they'll be on the right track once again. If Corco has an desire to be in Cologne that will surely help out @punkhippie who needs all the help he can get at the moment.  Boner should be a franchise defenseman in the VHL. 

:cal: 4th Overall - JEFF GOW @Fire Hakstol

I'm not sure if Calgary will still be in this position at seasons end but currently they're a lottery team. With Savard and Volkov on defense as well as Jacob in net they have a clear need for offense. So I can see @eaglesfan036 going with familiarity here and selecting his brother. If he can regain the activity levels we saw early on in his VHL career @Fire Hakstol could easily be a cornerstone piece for Calgary. 

:sea: 5th Overall - CASEY JONES @der meister

The Bears and @Banackock go with the best player on the board. Casey Jones comes from the der meister agency who has been a constant churner of high end VHL talent so we'd expect the same from Casey Jones. 

:rig: 6th Overall (Acquired from HSK) - KEATON LOUTH @Beaviss

Riga gets potentially the steal of the draft at 6th overall Keaton Louth will likely be higher on this list  by seasons end as active first gens always peak the interest of VHL GM's. But for now Riga may get the best new blood in the league. Right when they're competing in the EU. 

:col: 7th Overall (Acquired from DAV) - SHAWN BRODEUR @TheLastOlympian07

Kensington goes ahead of Brodeur in this draft but in reality both players are neck in neck and Cologne is lucky to select him here. Having a franchise dman and franchise goalie in the same draft should kick off the rebuild in Cologne. 

:tor:  8th Overall - MATS JOHNSSON @Quik

Though another high pick may have been just what Toronto needed, their surprising usurp of Calgary this season leaves them currently at 8th overall. I think they'll go BPA and that's currently Quik's Mats Johnsson. If Quik can regain activity levels he once had earlier in his VHL career much like @Fire Hakstol then he will be a steal at 8th Overall. Johnsson could easily be anywhere from a depth dman if his progress plateaus, to a franchise dman if his activity continues to ramp up. 

:nya-old: 9th Overall (Acquired from RIG) - PHIL BENNINGTON @Phil

This one will shock some people but currently Phil has some catching up to do in the TPE race. Nobody doubts his activity or progress but for the fun of this list I'll take his player at face value as I'm well aware he'll likely be a top 5 pick by the end of the season. But if he stays in this position NY gets amazing value at 9th overall. Proving just how strong this draft class is. 

:que: 10th Overall - CALDER O'CALLAHAN @Sullvino

Right now as it currently stands there is a large number of players who sit neck in neck in activity level as well as TPE earning so it will be up to the GM to select who he thinks will have the longevity in the VHL. Quebec has a lot of options at this pick so they take the BPA from the bunch which is currently O'Callahan. 

For Gaudette

Review: I've always loved your mock drafts and the reasoning you out behind them, Frank. I believe Quik is making the change to centre as soon as he has the cash, but good read nonetheless. I sure hope I get two franchise players this draft to build around!

I can say with 100% certainty that one of @Kendrick @Corco @Phil Are on the Iron Eagles next season if I have a top 3 pick. I might retire Kensington with the amount of goalies in the league. I only really made him to help out Oslo last season

Edited by Bushito

33 minutes ago, Bushito said:

I can say with 100% certainty that one of @Kendrick @Corco @Phil Are on the Iron Eagles next season if I have a top 3 pick. I might retire Kensington with the amount of goalies in the league. I only really made him to help out Oslo last season

Help out Oslo? Where again did they end up :P

34 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Not a wise idea

Just now, punkhippie said:

Help out Oslo? Where again did they end up :P

Hard to help the team when you have almost 100 TPE not updated. and yeah Oslo wound up the same place as Vegas, without a title.

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I can say that NYA would be a perfect spot for me. Anywhere else might be only getting 3 years

Anyone else still better off drafting you and trading you after 2 worst case scenario

1 hour ago, Bushito said:

Anyone else still better off drafting you and trading you after 2 worst case scenario

Oh of course, the logical thing to do. That being said LMC might be the best course of action

3 hours ago, BobertZ said:

LOL Cologne is not drafting a Goalie, they have V2A

but Brodeur :D;) i would not be opposed to Brodeur going to cologne. I usually am a loyal guy and would stay to help better any team. Muller was the only difference because I mean like 40 season drought between championships for me as a active player and Muller was my best player

4 hours ago, BobertZ said:

LOL Cologne is not drafting a Goalie, they have V2A

Yeah, I don't plan on drafting a goalie this year, because I'm making Jesus Christ at the deadline, and with the abundance of goalies available, no one's going to waste a first-rounder on him and I can snag him with a second rounder in S58. ;)