Claimed: Some surprises so far. [1/2]

hedgehog337

Attēlu rezultāti vaicājumam “ice hockey player is surprised”

*so you're saying Thrower for Labatte award? wut?*

We almost passed the 1/3 of the regular season and it's time to make an early conclusions. Right now I'm going to name the most surprising events or stats. And trust me, there are some things we didn't expect so far. Without further ado...

:sea:OFFENSE DEFENSE:cal:???

I can't say Calgary has a relevant shot at Quebec, but I thought they will put up a hell of a fight against the Legion. But instead of this, we are witnessing a fight for the last playoff spot. It remains to be seen if Seattle will handle the pressure or @Banackock will fuck up the lines for the tanking purposes, but so far Calgary is struggling to find their game. Is is that surprising? I didn't expect that, but there's an obvious explanation of this - the Wranglers' offense is being very mediocre. And you can't do much with The Process and JourneyMan on the roster: Mist4ke proved that in last two Vikings vs Wranglers matchups. It seems like McAllister&Forsberg > Leblanc&Hohenzollern. Actually only player who might let Seattle down is Perought - he's not good enough for the VHL, but still Seattle isn't that bad for missing the playoffs. By the way, there are some players OTB left - if Seattle GM isn't tanking anymore, he can take them and spoil Toronto chances for the NA finals. 

:rig:REIGN'S SECOND LINE

When I finished with deals, all eyes were on Shankly and Ravenwing - they were supposed to lead the Reign's offense, especially Essian. But all of the sudden, the second line decided to give them a run of their money. And while I can explain Krīgars' success, seeing De Rossi and Thrower not so far from the point leaders makes me wonder, considering that their development stalled out a while time ago. Take out Essian and the Krīgars-De Rossi-Thrower trio are leading the team in scoring an somehow they are the big reason why Riga is leading the conference so far. 

:dav:DE GRATH???

I was wondering who will take the best goalie of S55 from the rebuilding Vikings. And when @Smarch pulled out the trade I immediately named this team as a favorite...It was an interesting strategy by Smarch to put the CPU goalie early in this season, but why not? It's not a bad idea to not worry about the backup rule even before the 65th game. Or...he actually had an other reason of that: in 15 games of this season Rhett posted a 9-5 record with a modest 1 SO and...90.1% save percentage. 90.1!!! I get it, he had a hard time against Quebec's offensive powerhouse, but still seing this stat is surprising as hell. Will he finish season with a better save percenatge? Of course he will. It's just seeing an MVP caliber goalie posting kind of these stats makes my eyes bigger. 

So these were some suprises and maybe you were expecting them even before the season started, especially Seattle's suceess. I didn't. And I think there are other surprising events that made us pull Hart's face, like Cologne's 2W streak against Davos and Helsinki (wtf?) and Stockholm/Mist4ke beating Calgary twice. But I already passed the 500 word mark, so...

...That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars

Also, the VHL site is lagging again

image.png

*seriously? /s*

Edited by hedgehog337

Yep.. Attention all GM's.. Seattle isn't tanking anymore. We're going to be trading all our 1st and 2nd round picks + youth during our rebuild, for mediocre players so that we can beat Toronto and be the 2nd best team in NA.

Edited by Banackock

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Yep.. Attention all GM's.. Seattle isn't tanking anymore. We're going to be trading all our 1st and 2nd round picks + youth during our rebuild, for mediocre players so that we can beat Toronto and be the 2nd best team in NA.

looks like someone's salty