Claimed: Ottawa Lynx Top 5

Beaviss

Screen_Shot_2017-05-30_at_12.41.34_PM.pn

As the season is starting to ramp up these are some of the reason's that the Lynx are the top team in the VHLM at the moment. The following list is in some what of an order but may be subject to changes depending on recent game performances. (August 19th 2017) 

1. Jon Snow and Ho Lee Fook

The easy MVP's of the Lynx so far throughout the season has been Jon Snow and Ho Lee Fook. While their coach has notified the media that their compete level in practices are somewhat lackluster, the offensive defenceman's games has not taken a hit. Its almost impossible to find a stat that they are not in the top 5 with either the both of them or one of them.

When it comes to goal scoring Jon Snow is fourth in overall goals scored,(as a defenceman) if assists are more your style you cannot complain with the amount that Ho Lee Fook has been getting. So far this season Ho Lee Fook has accumulated 27 assist's one assist behind the league leader. This pairing has quickly become one of the most offensive threats in the VHLM.

0510track_harrington.jpg?w=650&quality=1

2. The Powerplay

While Jon Snow and Ho Lee Fook are a large part of the power play they are only doing a small part of the work. The unsung heroes of the power play are Matthieu Bourdon as well as Matt Denning. Denning an new addition to the power play in the last couple weeks has quickly becoming the set up man for a dangerous second power play unit. Even though Denning is more of a sniper then play maker his shots seem to create tons of rebounds in which other players are scooping up. When it comes to Bourdon's play no one can complain about his work effort or his complete all around defensive ability. The Lynx sitting with the least amount of goals against is a real indicator of his level of play as well as our next player on the list.

3. Ike Arkander

Ike Arkander one of the hardest working goalies in the league is an absolute wall. The goalie is a huge reason why the Lynx are so solid as a unit so far this season. With a solid goalie behind them the defense and forwards are allowed to take more chances resulting in much more offence.  His control and poise is somewhat legendary in the VHLM with only a 2.53 GAV leading the next best in the league at 3.54! As well as having a .904 Save percentage hes a major reason why the Lynx are so high this season.

4. Jeff Gow

There is no reason to forget the second overall pick of the draft and leading goal scoring forward for the Lynx. While his goal total is being overshadowed by the impressive play of his Defensive teammates hes nothing to shy from. Arguable one of the hardest working forwards in the league in terms of work ethic and complete playing ability. Gow's only going to be ramping up his play as the season comes closer to the playoffs and the VHL scouts start looking at his games more.

5. Matt Denning

Acquired shortly after the draft from the Las Vegas Aces in an under the table draft deal has been slowly but surely been increasing his playing ability. From starting on the 3rd line to now a staple on the 2nd line Denning's complete hockey ability is steadily on the rise. Denning is known as a sniper but has recently been garnering a lot of assists mostly off rebounds and smart puck movement. He is easily the most improved player on the team which he is the reason he made it onto the top 5 list.

The players that did not make it on the list I am sorry but unfortunately I only have 5 spots and a team of 20 people to choose from. I now plan on making a top 5 players for the Lynx every couple of weeks to show improvements or on ice failings of players. To sum up the article the Lynx are on the top of the league and it does not look like its a fluke either. 

Quote from the General Manager Beaviss

" It was important to me to create a balanced team of offensive flair as well as a solid defensive core. I was extremely lucky to have Ike fall into my lap in the second round and I didn't waste my chance to grab an Elite Goaltender which has been carrying the team. All in all the Lynx are in a great position for a long cup run."

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Beaviss

Review: Very nice summary of your season so far. You're lucky to have a team with good strengths all around, even though your defense might have more inactives than you would like. Good luck the rest of the year and see you in the finals! Best of luck to Keaton Louth as well as your contributions, both as a player and VHLM GM, are one of he best from a first gen in a while!

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Ottawa Lynx Top 5