Claimed: No vaseline

jRuutu

8678706.1492095345.jpg

Season 56 is now in full speed, every team has played 18 games so far and even if it´s still fairly early in the season, few teams are in for a long one if similar pace goes on for long. Cologne, New York and Stockholm are perhaps the biggest underachievers in VHL at the moment. Each of the three teams have eight or less points in the 18 games so far, so there is room for improvement at least.

Cologne and Stockholm are whopping 17 and 19 points from playoff spot in the European division, those are huge totals and if they cant start adding points in at a regular pace, they might be out of the playoff spot race soon. Over in North-America, New York is 11 eleven points behind, so in theory they have better changes to make it, but they do also require more points to keep the race interesting.

Not so long ago, both Stockholm and New York played against Quebec, the number one team in the whole league, results were not exactly what they were looking for, Quebec won both teams, Stockholm 9-0 and New York 8-0.  Many questions were asked after those games, what is going in Stockholm and New York, while back both teams were playing really tight games with Quebec, but now the results are anything but close, how much money will you win if you manage to predict game ending 8-0 or 9-0 in todays VHL? The flow of questions was and is endless.

I also decided to ask few questions of my own from the Quebec captain, Fabio Jokinen. I met him after the Stockholm game that indeed ended 9-0.

Reporter.jpg

Hey Fabio! Comments about todays game?

FJ: Hey! Well yea, we won, Stockholm did not play as well as last year, but this is VHL, things change quick sometimes.

Many questioned the Meutes want and need to humiliate Stockholm, why celebrate scoring so heavily after the game was basically over?

FJ: We are not playing around here in Quebec, we go hard for the full 60 minutes. There is no taking it easy or playing the clock away, we go full speed all game long and try to score in every shift. If we manage to score, we are going to celebrate.

What you think about New York and their changes this season?

FJ: No idea to be honest, I know we won them 8-0 and that game was fairly similar as the game today against Stockholm, feel bad seeing two historical teams who I remember playing against a lot, for example last season and we had great games usually, now they are both heading towards different direction as we are, feel bit sad if I´m honest.

So you are sayi..

FJ: HA! Syke!, not feeling sad at all. I hope they both stay on bottom of the standings until the end of times, hated playing against both in the past, that is all I have to say today, thank you.