McAllister with a Strong Start

CowboyinAmerica

Seattle_P-I.jpg

Seattle - We're only 14 games into the current VHL season, but it's safe to say that the biggest surprise in the league thus far might just be the Seattle Bears. Certainly, nobody expected the upstarts to take games from teams like Quebec, and really nobody expected the team to be sitting in playoff position ahead of Calgary this far into the season. It's been a hot, unexpected start.

And few people have had a hotter start on the team than its number one draft pick. A common pick for Rookie of the Year, left winger Gabriel McAllister has lived up to the moniker, tallying 11 goals and 8 assists through 14 games. Those 11 goals places him first among Bears players and in a tie for sixth league-wide, and his 19 points are already fourth among left wingers. Among rookies alone, those points and goal totals are 5 more than his next closest competitors in each category.

"I wasn't joking when I told y'all I'm here to play," McAllister told reporters after a recent win against Cologne. "I wanted to come in with a bang, and I've certainly done that. We'll see where I go from here, but it's absolutely a promising start."

image.png