Checktalk: Mistakes were made

Boomcheck

So many goaltenders wtf???

Maybe I should have done my homework, but the VHL now has more goaltenders than ever before. Heck, this draft class had like 5 before I even made. There's a few send downs and every VHL team pretty much has a goaltender at this point so ... Is it pointless being a goaltender? In fact, there's no way i'm catching up to the top 4 in this class either so that puts me in a difficult situation. I'll be a back up this season, and likely the next. If I get lucky I could start, but who knows. Every VHLM team pretty much has their bases covered, and Ottawa has one of the better goalies in the league at the moment.

The reason I made a goaltender is because I want to see if I can make a serviceable player at that position and maybe go for a Shaw. I've always wanted to win one even when making the Shielders but it will end up taking me like half my career to even get a starting job in the VHL at this point. I've been thinking about recreating into a forward since I haven't signed or anything either, but there's that one problem i'll have after all. I already did a MS and whatnot and don't feel like burning a week of PTs especially when i'm way far behind any of the other players.

Also, there was some index or something for the VHL/VHLM that contains all sorts of records and career statistics. It was some portal idr. Anyone else might know if that thing still exists?

4 minutes ago, Boomcheck said:

So many goaltenders wtf???

Maybe I should have done my homework, but the VHL now has more goaltenders than ever before. Heck, this draft class had like 5 before I even made. There's a few send downs and every VHL team pretty much has a goaltender at this point so ... Is it pointless being a goaltender? In fact, there's no way i'm catching up to the top 4 in this class either so that puts me in a difficult situation. I'll be a back up this season, and likely the next. If I get lucky I could start, but who knows. Every VHLM team pretty much has their bases covered, and Ottawa has one of the better goalies in the league at the moment.

The reason I made a goaltender is because I want to see if I can make a serviceable player at that position and maybe go for a Shaw. I've always wanted to win one even when making the Shielders but it will end up taking me like half my career to even get a starting job in the VHL at this point. I've been thinking about recreating into a forward since I haven't signed or anything either, but there's that one problem i'll have after all. I already did a MS and whatnot and don't feel like burning a week of PTs especially when i'm way far behind any of the other players.

Also, there was some index or something for the VHL/VHLM that contains all sorts of records and career statistics. It was some portal idr. Anyone else might know if that thing still exists?

Unfortnatly if it are set on a goalie you will be a career backup most likely. Centre is the weakest spot in this draft.

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Unfortnatly if it are set on a goalie you will be a career backup most likely. Centre is the weakest spot in this draft.

I have bad experiences with centers, a winger would probably be more my ballpark anyways. Don't feel like burning a week just because to recreate tho since i'm pretty behind atm.

1 minute ago, Boomcheck said:

I have bad experiences with centers, a winger would probably be more my ballpark anyways. Don't feel like burning a week just because to recreate tho since i'm pretty behind atm.

You could always check with @Frank and @Smarch about moving your TPE over to your new player?

14 minutes ago, Boomcheck said:

Thanks to Smarch, I will now be a LW forward. I sense a few 30 goal seasons.

Ottawa would love to have you