Claimed: What's the Record?

TurnDaddy

What's The Record? 

So talking about my last player, Tony Stark, earlier it got me thinking a little. I remember coming back and seeing that I had been traded like a hundred times, okay it wasn't a hundred, and every new GM had sent me a PM to reach out and get me to come back, or at least do a training camp, or sign an extension. 

In eight seasons I was traded four times. Twice in the same season once. I'm sure that's not the Record for most trades in a career, but it could possibly be at the top. Who knows, maybe it's not even close. 

In Season 34 Stark was drafted to the Dynamo fourth overall. 

:col: S36 VHL  - TRADED FROM DAVOS DYNAMO TO COLOGNE EXPRESS
:nya-old: S36 VHL  - TRADED FROM COLOGNE EXPRESS TO NEW YORK AMERICANS
:nya-old: S37 VHL  - SIGNED 2-YEAR EXTENSION WITH NEW YORK AMERICANS
:cal: S39 VHL  - TRADED FROM NEW YORK AMERICANS TO CALGARY WRANGLERS

:que: S41 VHL  - TRADED FROM CALGARY WRANGLERS TO QUEBEC CITY MEUTE

Season 35 rolled around and Victor said "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" Ala *SPOILER, Joffrey to Ned*SPOILER. sending me packing from Davos to Germany where Kendrick and the Express awaited me. Nothing was doing there, so later that same season he sent me off like a little bitch across the pond and to the open arms of Chris and the New York Americans. 

They tried to keep me around. They shouldn't have. I was just a disappointment back then in this league. 

Off I went in Season 39!

Calgary is fucking cold. Like my heart. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but maybe Jason was the GM of this team still back then? Oh well, doesn't matter, I wasn't around much, if at all anyways. See ya Calgary! 

In Season 41 they had seen enough of me. Wait, that's wrong. They hadn't seen me at all. No one had. For like a year at this point. Good bye Calgary, hello trade number four and Quebec.

I dont even know who the GM was when I went there. I don't even remember being contacted once this trade happened. They were probably like fuck it. I'm regressing like a mother fucker at this point and I'm just dead weight, just a body on the bench. Can't say I was sad. I wasn't. 

So a trip down memory lane for myself is over and I'm back at my original question...what's the Record for most trades in a career? Who knows, I'm too lazy to look at all that and the player pages I randomly selected don't have player movements filled out. I'll just pretend that Record belongs To me and live out my days happy that I did something worthwhile with that bum Tony Stark. And if someone wants to come and tell me I'm not the Record holder, I'm not going to stop you, but that doesn't mean I'll listen. 

I remember you being on the Meute back in S41. It was GM'd by @Pablo (Brovy/Kesler), and one of the better teams in the league. I had Travis Boychuk on that team.

Here's the link to the index. I was curious so I looked it up. You actually did pretty well with 72 points, although you weren't as good once you came to the Meute.

• Commissioner

I don’t know of the full on record but I can say I definitely tied you with Miller. They aren’t all listed in his player page but I was traded from Helsinki to Toronto; Toronto to Calgary; Calgary to Cologne; and then Cologne back to Helsinki.

Pretty sure there are definitely people with more than 4 trades in 8 seasons though.

15 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I remember you being on the Meute back in S41. It was GM'd by @Pablo (Brovy/Kesler), and one of the better teams in the league. I had Travis Boychuk on that team.

Here's the link to the index. I was curious so I looked it up. You actually did pretty well with 72 points, although you weren't as good once you came to the Meute.

But I'm as good as I'll ever beeeeeeee 

15 hours ago, Beketov said:

I don’t know of the full on record but I can say I definitely tied you with Miller. They aren’t all listed in his player page but I was traded from Helsinki to Toronto; Toronto to Calgary; Calgary to Cologne; and then Cologne back to Helsinki.

Pretty sure there are definitely people with more than 4 trades in 8 seasons though.

I'm sure there has been, but I can't prove it, so for now, it's us then! 

Edited by Jonessee27

I think Toriyama was traded at least 5 times. Seattle to Riga to Davos to Calgary to New York to Vasteras. Davos might have come before Riga but both happened.

Tuvia Bielski played for a bunch of teams. Not sure how many exactly and not sure if he was traded or went to free agency for some of them.

Just done a quick CTRL+F of the Trade Tracker to see how many times some oft-traded names were moved.

Brady Stropko - 6 Times (SEA to QUE, QUE to HSK, TOR to CGY, COL to STO, STO to DAV, DAV to COL) 

Tyson Stokes - 5 Times (HSK to TOR, TOR to STO, STO to QUE, QUE to NYA, NYA to COL)

Edwin Encarnacion - 5 Times (RIG to SEA, SEA to COL, COL to CGY, CGY to QUE, STO to CGY) *Last two were FA rights.

David Hamilton - 5 Times (TOR to COL, COL to NYA, NYA to STO, STO to CGY, CGY to RIG)

Francis York Morgan - 5 Times (STO to QUE, QUE to CGY, CGY to TOR, TOR to NYA, NYA to DAV)

Azmet Ali - 5 Times (DAV to QUE, QUE to COL, COL to DAV, DAV to COL, COL to NYA)

Those aren't necessarily the most traded guys, I was just CTRL+Fing guys who I remembered being traded quite a bit. 

On 8/17/2017 at 8:23 AM, Tagger said:

Just done a quick CTRL+F of the Trade Tracker to see how many times some oft-traded names were moved.

Brady Stropko - 6 Times (SEA to QUE, QUE to HSK, TOR to CGY, COL to STO, STO to DAV, DAV to COL) 

Tyson Stokes - 5 Times (HSK to TOR, TOR to STO, STO to QUE, QUE to NYA, NYA to COL)

Edwin Encarnacion - 5 Times (RIG to SEA, SEA to COL, COL to CGY, CGY to QUE, STO to CGY) *Last two were FA rights.

David Hamilton - 5 Times (TOR to COL, COL to NYA, NYA to STO, STO to CGY, CGY to RIG)

Francis York Morgan - 5 Times (STO to QUE, QUE to CGY, CGY to TOR, TOR to NYA, NYA to DAV)

Azmet Ali - 5 Times (DAV to QUE, QUE to COL, COL to DAV, DAV to COL, COL to NYA)

Those aren't necessarily the most traded guys, I was just CTRL+Fing guys who I remembered being traded quite a bit. 

What a buzz kill. 

On 8/17/2017 at 8:23 AM, Tagger said:

Adding to this list a couple more guys traded several times, I've looked up Toriyama and Bielski for confirmation, since I mentioned them earlier.

Keiji Toriyama - 6 Times (SEA to RIG, RIG to DAV, DAV to SEA, SEA to CGY, CGY to NYA, NYA to VAS)

Tuvia Bielski - 5 Times (VAS to DAV, DAV to CGY, CGY to NYA, NYA to SEA, SEA to DAV)