Checktalk: wtf i'm back?

Boomcheck

Am I back? Nope, not really.

On the SHL i'll probably just be claiming activity checks and training while here i'll be doing much of the same. It all boils down to one common factor and that's school. To be honest I probably wouldn't have thought about coming back until Corco planted the seed in my head and asked me to returned a few weeks back. My players were never all that great, but they had their moments. Well ... Fisher/Taylor were straight busts. Both centers so maybe I should stay away from those. The Shielders are a bit interesting--- I did earn more than 3 TPE on the first one, just my updates didn't go in since we swapped over to a different site back then. Both were promising but they left me unfulfilled since goaltenders can be quite one dimensional.My wingers have been my best (but boomcheck, both ur wingers were like 199-350 tpe). Bravehart had a crazy one hit wonder season in the regular season, I was legit tearing it up. Rhinehart was special in his own way-- The player I used to figure out the VHL's formula on how to create a solid player. Pretty sure I ended my career in Seattle with the biggest surprise championship in league history, top 10 in goals for Seattle and the franchise leader in hits. Not so bad for a 350ish TPE player right?

My goaltender will be meh. Still, i'll see if I can win a VHLM best goaltender award.

Lets be honest, playing in a shit team is the recipe of individual success, and you pretty much played 50%+ of your career in a shit team.

but hey, at least you have some records in your name

Nice to see you back in some sort of capacity. I wasn't around for your players before Rhinehart, but Rhinehart was pretty impactful and left an impression on me.

If you want to fuck PTs and just do welfare, I could always give you a PT Staff position. Maybe grade like 8 things a week, which is super easy for 2 TPE per week? They're just reviews now so there's no rubric to follow. You just go in and make sure the guidelines are followed and make a comment or suggestion.

10 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Lets be honest, playing in a shit team is the recipe of individual success, and you pretty much played 50%+ of your career in a shit team.

but hey, at least you have some records in your name

pretty sure i played 90% of his career on bad teams lmao. that 1 cup run was the biggest miracle i've ever seen.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Nice to see you back in some sort of capacity. I wasn't around for your players before Rhinehart, but Rhinehart was pretty impactful and left an impression on me.

If you want to fuck PTs and just do welfare, I could always give you a PT Staff position. Maybe grade like 8 things a week, which is super easy for 2 TPE per week? They're just reviews now so there's no rubric to follow. You just go in and make sure the guidelines are followed and make a comment or suggestion.

Corruption at its best. Everyone gets a job yay!

2 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Corruption at its best. Everyone gets a job yay!

Nah.

I think I've made it pretty clear over the past year that the PT Staff need employees. I've hired a good number of people who bailed after a week or two within this same year. I've gotten to a point where more or less, if you want to join and help out with grading, then I won't stop you. Especially considering every PT is capable of having 2 grades on it, and that's rarely a thing that happens. :lol:

4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Nah.

I think I've made it pretty clear over the past year that the PT Staff need employees. I've hired a good number of people who bailed after a week or two within this same year. I've gotten to a point where more or less, if you want to join and help out with grading, then I won't stop you. Especially considering every PT is capable of having 2 grades on it, and that's rarely a thing that happens. :lol:

Well you know if we weren't fucking capped at 9 TPE a week, I would grade more... :rolleyes:

Not going to do more than I need to, but I read every word of almost every MS anyways.

Edited by punkhippie

Just now, punkhippie said:

Well you know if we weren't fucking capped at 9 TPE a week, I would grade more... :rolleyes:

I kind of just realized that might have been a little shot at you. My bad, bud. :lol:

I appreciate any help that comes my way.

Man, I remember the days a couple of years ago when I was grading everything. I had like 20+ banked TPE or something. I was going hard on those podcasts especially.

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

I kind of just realized that might have been a little shot at you. My bad, bud. :lol:

I appreciate any help that comes my way.

Man, I remember the days a couple of years ago when I was grading everything. I had like 20+ banked TPE or something. I was going hard on those podcasts especially.

Nah, I wasn't just not grading for the past few weeks. I simply stopped earning TPE :(

It's not like people are waiting for grades now to earn their TPE :P

Maybe we could be like the EFL and hand out three uncapped 1 TPE bonuses every week for the best MS/graphic? But then @boubabi would win every week :ph34r:

You see banked TPE is useless TPE for me since you can only apply 9 capped a week...

Just now, punkhippie said:

Nah, I wasn't just not grading for the past few weeks. I simply stopped earning TPE :(

It's not like people are waiting for grades now to earn their TPE :P

Maybe we could be like the EFL and hand out three uncapped 1 TPE bonuses every week for the best MS/graphic? But then @boubabi would win every week :ph34r:

You see banked TPE is useless TPE for me since you can only apply 9 capped a week...

Yeah, I always found the grading cap kind of shitty. I mean, I get why it's there, because there's other jobs like updating where you get 2 TPE as well, but without the option for banking anything by doing more.

I mean, say you have a really active grader, who grades a ton. They can bank like 4 TPE in 1 week, so then they can basically skip grading for 2 weeks if they wanted, since they wouldn't have to grade for that 2 TPE per week. So then that will put your most active grader out of commission for 2 weeks, because he did so much. In that way, I don't like the system.

Sorry, @Boomcheck for throwing this discussion in your thread. :P 

11 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

is vhlm mag still a thing?