Claimed: Kirk Lazarus - Rookie Profile [1/2]

RadiatedGold

R O O K I E

P R O F I L E

Kirk.png.cbc3ac6f76173069f80db2c5101e9104.png

Kirk Lazurus is one of the many young prospects of the American Southeast, aspiring to play

in the Victory Hockey League (VHL). Lazarus stands over 6 feet tall and over 200lbs. Born

and raised in the small city of Goose Creek, South Carolina, Lazarus stood unchallenged

playing against his peers throughout his young hockey career, however could that change?

:vhlm:

P R O S

S K A T I N G

Living close to the Carolina Ice Palace, Kirk found himself grinding day in and day out, despite his

larger body type and weight, Kirk was one of the top skaters in the state of South Carolina. Kirk

knows that cracking a spot on the team will require further nights at the rink.

S H O O T I N G

Being one of the faster skaters on the team also meant that Kirk was destined to become a great

goal scorer. Being from the South, not a lot of people could skate, or shoot. Lazarus had to learn

how to do both. Slotted on to the top power play unit for his school, Lazarus possesses a powerful

slap shot for those well timed one-timers. Lazarus was often dubbed as the "American Sniper" by his

team mates back home.

P U C K  H A N D L I N G

A greater skater and shooter, Lazarus has some smooth hands. Often thrown on to the top of

the coach's shootout list, Lazarus was one of the decent puck handlers on the team. Although

not the best dangler, his speed and shooting skills quite often make up for the fact. It's been

rumored that Lazarus finds him self practicing with a can opener and thumb tacks, no one

really knows for sure what he does during practice, but he seems to improve more and more.

C O N S

D E F E N S E

As I've mentioned many times of Kirk being from the South, Kirk is a pretty big boy. Well so

were a lot of the guys on the team. Kirk being the most specialized on offense got to play

as a forward. Well really anyone that could skate well was a forward. Coach's plan was to just

throw the bigger guys on defense who couldn't skate worth a damn. Watching Kirk I don't

think I've ever seen him try to block a shot, probably to avoid injuries and what not and that

beautiful face of his.

C H E C K I N G

Well Kirk ain't no sissy now, but there's always the possibility of getting hurt by being physical, or a

giant hit that looks like a penalty. It's not like that have high-def. cameras at the high school level.

Besides there's always players for that. But now with the possibility of playing with the big boys, Kirk's

got to throw the body around a bit more to prove that he's here to stay.

P A S S I N G

Well don't tell anybody I said this, but Kirk is kind of a giant puck hog. It's not like it's his fault

that there isn't a ton of experience hockey players on his team. His line consisted of a guy who's

pretty decent at face-offs, and the small freshman who wanted to play high school sports. His

defensemen hanging by the blue line? Non existent, those guys can barely skate. The rest of the

team is more or less the same as his line. But who else is he going to pass the puck to? We're

hoping his time playing high school hockey hasn't damaged his play-making abilities too much.

Edited by RadiatedGold

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Kirk Lazarus - Rookie Profile
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Kirk Lazarus - Rookie Profile [1/2]