STO/DAV: S55 Off-Season

Smarch

5 minutes ago, KGR said:

It's called common sense.

It's not though. 

1. It's the VHL Goalie market.

2. Unless you are in the trade talks, things are totally different.

6 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

oh i thought you were talking about me so i retract my comment then :P unless you were then i retract my retraction :D 

That's a lot of retractions.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

It's not though. 

1. It's the VHL Goalie market.

2. Unless you are in the trade talks, things are totally different.

True. As smarch's right hand man, the talks were quite complex. We eventually wore Bushito down and got the price we wanted. No way we were adding the 3rd round pick he wanted as well.

Edited by BOOM

5 minutes ago, KGR said:

Here comes the high and mighty, "I have been a GM so this trade is alright." Then the "Oh he hasn't been GM so what he says doesn't mean shit." Nice way to look at things. I'd take my common sense over your "GM'ing" skills any day.

I never said anything about me being a GM so I know what this trade is all about. But I find it funny two guys with barely a sniff of GM'ing in the VHL are making comments about a trade involving two goalies in a goalie market that always is changing in the VHL. My GM'ing skills have given me titles. Your common sense has given you constant retiring, so let's not forget that.

14 minutes ago, KGR said:

The condition for that was he had to take on punk's player for another first as well. If not it was set to be 4 picks for him. The more you know, the better off you are. Am I right @punkhippie?

Correct. Higgins offered S57 HSK 1st in addition to the other three first rounders as well. 

12 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I'm not on a high horse but it seems some guys think they know everything. punk hippie hasn't completed a good trade since taking over and Trifecta hasn't GM'd for more than 5 minutes, so the "insight" is more just BS.

V2A and scrubs for Laflamme and scrubs sounds like a win.

Just now, punkhippie said:

V2A and scrubs for Laflamme and scrubs sounds like a win.

Maybe in the trade market, but given no one will sign while V2A is there you shut that avenue off.

Just now, punkhippie said:

Helsinki didn't seem to suffer in the FA market while SWC3 was there. 

That was well before SWC3 went off the deep end. Keep using your insight though, it's really giving the league a whipping boy.

9 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I never said anything about me being a GM so I know what this trade is all about. But I find it funny two guys with barely a sniff of GM'ing in the VHL are making comments about a trade involving two goalies in a goalie market that always is changing in the VHL. My GM'ing skills have given me titles. Your common sense has given you constant retiring, so let's not forget that.

There you go again with the "I was a GM, you weren't" sentiment. No one really cares if you GM'ed, are one or will be one. I don't need to be one to talk about this. Also your GM'ing has been horrid since I came in back in season 33 so, I'd beg to differ about your "titles" of days past. Also the jab at my common sense? Tsk tsk Kendrick. Treading on thin water. Every decision I have made was for the better. It kept me around in the VHL for over 20 seasons now. You are trying to down my decision to retire players, but really it's something that lifts me up. Why you ask? Because it keeps me around, keeps me interested and keeps things fresh for me.

Edited by KGR

Just now, KGR said:

There you go again with the "I was a GM, you weren't" sentiment. No one really cares if you GM'ed, are one or will be one. I don't need to be one to talk about this. Also your GM'ing has been horrid since I came in back in season 33 so, I'd beg to differ about your "titles" of days past. Also the jab at my common sense? Tsk tsk Kendrick. Treading on thing water. Every decision I have made was for the better. It kept me around in the VHL for over 20 seasons now. You are trying to down my decision to retire players, but really it's something that lifts me up. Why you ask? Because it keeps me around, keeps me interested and keeps things fresh for me.

You're the one pushing that sentiment, I'm not haha. If you want to push it, go for it but it is true there as well. You don't need to be one to talk about it, correct. But without knowing the goalie market it's really hard to talk about it in depth. And further more why does it frustrate you? It's a trade involving two different teams that you're not on.

How am I treading on thin water? You said you'd take your common sense over my GM skills. I don't think you'd want to have that discussion. It might keep things fresh for you, but when your players get weighted lower than other prospects don't come to me with the "Why do you guys still say I retire all the time" speech. I get it you retire, to each their own. But then you get upset when people bring focus to that.

Just now, Kendrick said:

You're the one pushing that sentiment, I'm not haha. If you want to push it, go for it but it is true there as well. You don't need to be one to talk about it, correct. But without knowing the goalie market it's really hard to talk about it in depth. And further more why does it frustrate you? It's a trade involving two different teams that you're not on.

How am I treading on thin water? You said you'd take your common sense over my GM skills. I don't think you'd want to have that discussion. It might keep things fresh for you, but when your players get weighted lower than other prospects don't come to me with the "Why do you guys still say I retire all the time" speech. I get it you retire, to each their own. But then you get upset when people bring focus to that.

Because you make it the main focus. How about talk about how I dedicate to a team and bring activity to it. I have been helping keep things interesting in the VHLM where people want to scrap it. It is also cool to see myself in the prospect rankings big board. It's just who I am. I like creating players and bringing buzz to them. It's what I have been doing for years on video games and it just transferred over to sim leagues. I get upset that you're like "hey, he is going to quit on you." How about just not say it. I am quite certain GM's already know they risk they run when they draft a player by me. Unless a GM is brand new to the league and knows nothing of me, then it's safe to say they know how I do things. Higgins knew what he was getting into and it has worked out just fine. Hell I know of a few GM's that are already looking at my player and they know the risk that comes with my player's.

2 minutes ago, BOOM said:

Just like to point out that I think it's actually "thin ice" and not "thin water".

Carry on.

I was typing fast and was going to say he was treading in thin water. It just managed to come across as a wrong statement.