STO/DAV: S55 Off-Season

Smarch

So let's get this straight. 

Our resident favorite Mr. French otherwise known as the sig god Boobs is back seating GMing STZ in a thread that contains a deal that doesn't even include the team STZ GM's. All over some he said she said over who would or wouldn't GM back when shit was way crazier and it was basically war time bro. Or not really but lots of Pm's and shit were exchanged shit was on the table basically. You don't need to catch a fade on the whole story that is @gorlab job. 

Also if anything @boubabi doesn't this deal just prove STZ's point? Maybe your idea of the "market value" for Degrath is a bit higher than the actual thing. And maybe STZ's idea of value for that matter is also a bit lower. Tough to say. The goalie market in the VHL right now is basically crazier than it probably ever has been. It's pretty fucked up holmes. Simple as that. 

Just now, Fire Hakstol said:

Wait @Squinty is a father????

Or am I missing something.

Yes I am his son.

I wonder who will be next in line to the throne of 5 cups? I'm not ready to be a father yet so fuck all of you.

You know I must say the Will is actually Higgins conspiracy continues to take interesting turns. Did Higgins actually get the GF all along? Thus preventing him from Admin the league and maintain four players. 

Obvious. 

19 minutes ago, Devise said:

You know I must say the Will is actually Higgins conspiracy continues to take interesting turns. Did Higgins actually get the GF all along? Thus preventing him from Admin the league and maintain four players. 

Obvious. 

thats-messed-up.gif

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Obvious. 

Well Higgins hasn't listed a finger in 3 season so it could be that he got the GF 6 months ago.

7 hours ago, boubabi said:

THERE'S A MIDDLE GROUND  BETWEEN OVERPAY AND GETTING YOUR PLAYER FOR FREE JUST FOR THE "FUNSIES"

IS THIS WHY YOU ARE SCREAMING

Well fuck you too eh?

Oh this post probably wasn't actually about this trade. Y'all can take this shit elsewhere. This deal isn't that bad and there have been far worse trades in recent history.

Edited by Strtlght

8 hours ago, STZ said:

In the past, DeGrath wouldn't have existed... Do you understand that Unassisted was my player before 2PP was put into place? Unassisted was my primary player, int he old system I would have ONLY had him, and would have then had no choice but to do exactly what happened anyways...

But on top of the thing that is or was going to happen anyways, some other team now has 777 TPE goalie in their team.

10 hours ago, Devise said:

Also for the record @jRuutu the HEL/CGY deal you referenced was heavily analyzed by the Blue Team and the BoG and was given rulings. It wasn't like it was just a scott free sort of thing. You have to remember that the deal wouldn't of been even able to happen under the current, new rules. Ultimately we recognized that the "GM swap" situation that had occurred earlier was clearly possible to be manipulated. Under the current rules, while Higgins might still have the leverage of Velvet being a FA, he would not be able to use that leverage to send Jacob away, as GM's are stuck with their claimed GM players. 

Realistically all blame you have for any trade these days has to go to the GM's. Which is how we operate and how things should be. We are a competitive league. I get why some people want "VHL communism" aka smaller teams more competition everyone playoff team. But that doesn't stop super teams, or stacked teams. It just creates more opportunities for conflict because there are far less possibilities. And it spits on everything this league has been about from the get go. It is about competition. The "best" team wins. The playoff swings have always been hard in this league because more often than not there is always at least 2 deserving teams. I can't remember the last time any Continental Cup final was a cake walk, and we've had everything from playoff upsets to the expected team winning. But much like the NHL the Victory Cup winning team isn't statistically the most dominating. Hell part of the reason the playoffs swing so hard is because of the parity you say you want. Last season the VHL had legit 4 playoff teams that beat each other and could of beaten each other in a series in the playoffs. Davos upset Stockholm proving that, and Helsinki barely beat you guys in the finals. 

I just don't see any argument as to why a 4 team league would make sense here. I get why franchises paying for their mistakes sucks, because it means that team may suck. But it's about quality GM's digging them out and building those narratives. You don't think they weren't built from other teams and GM's? Team narratives weave and change, if your this fired about seeing more teams competitive then as far as I'm concerned sign up to be a GM. That is what we want. Instead we are forced to dig from the bottom of the barrel or give good GM's who've made countless mistakes positions because we have no choice. The Blue Team and BoG has taken a lot of heat from you and a few others in this thread for supposedly not "helping" the league when it comes to GM's and who is doing what. But we haven't really had a lot of options. Honestly. Like sure you could bring up the argument that Chris and I stepping down as GM's is what caused some of this stir up and mess in the first place, but here is the reality. We all don't have time to do this shit forever. Sign up, use your damn knowledge and experience and build your own super team to try and win back to back or a threepeat. 

In the end rule changes got put into place, so something similar cant happen again. That is great, but the trade was still allowed to happen, Higgins and Helsinki got rewarded and slap on the wrist: Nice job for bringing this to our attention, we make sure you cant do it again! What? No, you can still keep whatever advantage you made from the trade.

Playoffs are great in VHL, what happens before that during regular season is what I´m worried about. So many high scoring and blowout games lately, quite often the playoff spots are handed out well before the actual playoffs start. Then it´s just waiting game for the playoffs to start if you are lucky enough to be in a team that makes it.

Full teams with actives going against full teams with actives? That is the ´dream´, right?  Tweak the league, so it has just enough teams for all the active players.  No point in trying to hang on to some league image or system that was in place 35 seasons ago just because, if it´s hard to find quality people to run the teams and even harder to bring in new users, drop few teams and make the league more competitive that way? Or are we worried what happens if Johnny-Peter is going to have to play in 2nd or 3rd line and end up with 50-60 points when he can now play in every line and score close 100 points?

In the past I would have considered being a GM here if a possibility for it opened up, but now with the 2nd player system changes for that are even smaller than before.

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

In the end rule changes got put into place, so something similar cant happen again. That is great, but the trade was still allowed to happen, Higgins and Helsinki got rewarded and slap on the wrist: Nice job for bringing this to our attention, we make sure you cant do it again! What? No, you can still keep whatever advantage you made from the trade.

Playoffs are great in VHL, what happens before that during regular season is what I´m worried about. So many high scoring and blowout games lately, quite often the playoff spots are handed out well before the actual playoffs start. Then it´s just waiting game for the playoffs to start if you are lucky enough to be in a team that makes it.

Full teams with actives going against full teams with actives? That is the ´dream´, right?  Tweak the league, so it has just enough teams for all the active players.  No point in trying to hang on to some league image or system that was in place 35 seasons ago just because, if it´s hard to find quality people to run the teams and even harder to bring in new users, drop few teams and make the league more competitive that way? Or are we worried what happens if Johnny-Peter is going to have to play in 2nd or 3rd line and end up with 50-60 points when he can now play in every line and score close 100 points?

In the past I would have considered being a GM here if a possibility for it opened up, but now with the 2nd player system changes for that are even smaller than before.

Riga did it first with a GM 2nd player trade swap! And look at Calgary getting @eaglesfan036 second player in the 2nd round of the draft, a pick that holds little value around here for trading.

13 hours ago, boubabi said:

do you think every gm needs to crack on your pressure and do whatever you demand ? Stockholm would have been different with me, so all you say is hypothetical.

My point being, you used the fact that yo uwere going to gm NYA to get degrath for fucking cheap (nearly free). If you want degrath, the player, just pay the price the market was, that's it.