More Members in the VHL

Best Idea?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say let's start with an email to old members again. Remind them to come back, maybe rekindle their interest excitement or bring back some old veteran members that one upon a time did so much for the league @Victor @Will etc.

Afterwards, let's have the league come together. Maximum of (1) TPE, but you can post as many as you want.. just find an active forum to post on. Don't even have to post. Let's compile a huge list of advterising we COULD do. THEN, afterwards, we can figure out a message we want to say and start posting on the sites. 

I've posted countless in the recruitment section, as well as on here now. There's tons out there - we just have to look. 

On 8/4/2017 at 0:03 PM, DollarAndADream said:

I'm probably going to try and do a recruitment drive soon enough. During or after the weekend or something. Make a bunch of topics on Reddit, rather than just the 1 I did for the anniversary.

For the EFL, I ran a recruitment drive and posted in like 10 subreddits, all whose mods gave me permission, and we got some hate.

FTFY 

40 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Or the 450 words could be exchanged for something else less league involved as a rookie?

We're certainly open to ideas. I personally don't have any. We have writing, graphics (and videos), and podcasts. There's strengths and weaknesses to all of them. One may not like writing, or have english as a second language. Most people aren't graphically inclined. Podcasts I find are easiest, but I understand some people might feel weird speaking for random strangers, or maybe they're self-conscious about their voice, or dislike public speaking, or live with other people who would look at them strangely if they were talking to themselves for 10 minutes. But what else is there?

The one thing I could think of (which Kendrick I think still kind of does with his VHLSC), is have some kind of "templated" Point Task for new members to easily fill out for an easy 6 Points. Like a get-to-know-you questionaire. Maybe we could put together like, four of these simple templated things (which is a month's worth of PTs), and hopefully by that time the member is comfortable enough to make content of their own.

1 minute ago, JardyB10 said:

We're certainly open to ideas. I personally don't have any. We have writing, graphics (and videos), and podcasts. There's strengths and weaknesses to all of them. One may not like writing, or have english as a second language. Most people aren't graphically inclined. Podcasts I find are easiest, but I understand some people might feel weird speaking for random strangers, or maybe they're self-conscious about their voice, or dislike public speaking, or live with other people who would look at them strangely if they were talking to themselves for 10 minutes. But what else is there?

The one thing I could think of (which Kendrick I think still kind of does with his VHLSC), is have some kind of "templated" Point Task for new members to easily fill out for an easy 6 Points. Like a get-to-know-you questionaire. Maybe we could put together like, four of these simple templated things (which is a month's worth of PTs), and hopefully by that time the member is comfortable enough to make content of their own.

I think the template idea is fantastic!

8 hours ago, Banackock said:

I say let's start with an email to old members again. Remind them to come back, maybe rekindle their interest excitement or bring back some old veteran members that one upon a time did so much for the league @Victor @Will etc.

Afterwards, let's have the league come together. Maximum of (1) TPE, but you can post as many as you want.. just find an active forum to post on. Don't even have to post. Let's compile a huge list of advterising we COULD do. THEN, afterwards, we can figure out a message we want to say and start posting on the sites. 

I've posted countless in the recruitment section, as well as on here now. There's tons out there - we just have to look. 

Lets kidnap Draper's girl