I would like to run the S56 VFHL

boubabi

Hello people

I would like to run the VFHL this season with a different format. It will strictly work with points, where no Blocked shots BS happens, so a goal or a pass would value 1 pt, no discrimination. 

I would create a google form with different categories/group to choose from and each member would select one of those players. I would create a spreadsheet with updated ranking and stats bi-weekly that will be available to everyone. Twice a year, members will have the opportunity to change a player to another.

Can I organize this ? @Smarch @Higgins @Will

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner

How is that no discrimination? It heavily discriminates against defensemen who are far more likely to get shots blocked than points. 

I think honestly having shots blocked in is fair, they just shouldn't be weighted quite as heavily as they are.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, boubabi said:

groups will be made to have comparable defensemen in their build and stats

it's not like I would put snatch and volkov in the same group

Yeah but you're still 100% saying that offensive D-Men are the only ones worth anything. For that matter your saying two-way forwards are worth less than snipers. It's putting entirely too much emphasis on two stats and completely ignoring everything else.

I don't do the VFHL anyway so I don't give a shit one way or the other. I just think it's ridiculous to set it up in a way that only rewards snipers and playmakers.

dude, we just runned a league where goals valued 2 over passes (1), so don't get me with that ''we advantage types of player over others''

and the second best VFHL player wasn't in the top 50 league scorer. 

We did a VFHL that rewarded average players in average teams last season, I think it's time for a turn around (even if you seem to have no idea of what is the concept of my idea)

Edited by boubabi

1 hour ago, boubabi said:

Hello people

I would like to run the VFHL this season with a different format. It will strictly work with points, where no Blocked shots BS happens, so a goal or a pass would value 1 pt, no discrimination. 

I would create a google form with different categories/group to choose from and each member would select one of those players. I would create a spreadsheet with updated ranking and stats bi-weekly that will be available to everyone. Twice a year, members will have the opportunity to change a player to another.

Can I organize this ? @Smarch @Higgins @Will

Blocked shots BS? How about 0.07 per save? Exactly how V2A outperformed Torstein Ironside :D

And even knowing the blocked shots thing, I fucked up my logic by picking Lyle Smallwood instead of Kendrick Cole for fantasy.