[S56] -- (S49) RW - AK47

DollarAndADream

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

ok if everyone offers 7M who wins?

Whomever had first bid in my opinion that totally isn't completely bias.

4 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

ok if everyone offers 7M who wins?

35 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Whomever had first bid in my opinion that totally isn't completely bias.

I never liked the ruling either that you could just throw $7M at someone right away, and get them. But that's what people did last season and I lost out on guys because of it. As per rule, the first one to do it gets him, so I did it this season to ensure I wouldn't be the one losing out.

I mean either you post first and get him, or you wait for some idiot to post  a lower amount first, then you immediately offer $7M and get him.

So what's the better way to do it? Either way it's stupid.

If we go to a randomizer eventually I'm fine with it, but if we do it now immediately this season after I lost out on guys last season, then that would suck.

13 minutes ago, Smarch said:

This season will go with the first to post 7M. 

Next year hopefully I can have something more set in stone 

I'd like to have a thing where the final matched bids go to a lottery if it's an inactive player. That makes the most sense to me heading forward.

11 hours ago, Smarch said:

This season will go with the first to post 7M. 

Next year hopefully I can have something more set in stone 

That's a stupid rule. What if people have work and can't stay up until midnight, or what if someone lives in a different timezone and midnight ET is 4am or something for them? Whoever sacrifices their sleep the most wins?

8 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

That's a stupid rule. What if people have work and can't stay up until midnight, or what if someone lives in a different timezone and midnight ET is 4am or something for them? Whoever sacrifices their sleep the most wins?

tough shit

15 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

This is why I did it from my phone at work. I work nights.

But, it didn't pay off anyways, because he came back. Although, I think he should still be mine because he was inactive and I was "awarded" him already. But obviously @701 doesn't want to come to Toronto on the best team available to him, so his loss. :P

Just now, DollarAndADream said:

He comes back, you offer something last minute. He accepts. Seems a little suspicious to me.

It's Free Agency. I spoke to him on SHL earlier and hadn't seen the post. Didn't think speaking to an FA was against the rules. It happens all the time. Jericho came back and signed just to be traded from STO, etc. 

@DollarAndADream It would be the same as me going onto SHL and messaging NUCK and telling him to comeback to the dark side and regain activity again (which he did). 

(I've also mentioned to 701 to recreate at the deadline - so fingers crossed both stick around). 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

It's Free Agency. I spoke to him on SHL earlier and hadn't seen the post. Didn't think speaking to an FA was against the rules. It happens all the time. Jericho came back and signed just to be traded from STO, etc. 

It just blows that he was already awarded to me and on my cap sheet. I would have loved to have him on my young roster. 

@701 Come on, man! Reconsider the Legion. :P

1 minute ago, DollarAndADream said:

It just blows that he was already awarded to me and on my cap sheet. I would have loved to have him on my young roster. 

@701 Come on, man! Reconsider the Legion. :P

Understandable, 100%. I'm sure the public will have their say as well. In my eyes, I just hope he sticks around and does actually decide to recreate at the deadline @701

How about you two stop arguing over the rights of a depth winger soon to retire. I doubt he will be the difference between a cup or not on your rosters. Let's cross our fingers that we got a member back, and hopefully continues to be active. Thanks @Banackock

In my opinion, the best way to keep this guy's interest is for him to return to his roots in Cologne and rack up a shit ton of points. :poke: