S55 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Smarch

S55 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which player was the Most Outstanding in S55?

• Maxwell, Diana (NYA) - 72GP, 55G, 59A, 114P, +65, 40PIM, 143HIT, 30SB, 8GWG
    • Cornerstone, Franchise (HSK) - 72GP, 51G, 58A, 109P, +58, 10PIM, 13HIT, 27SB, 9GWG
    • Gaudette, Pierre (QUE) - 72GP, 47G, 57A, 104P, +57, 42PIM, 106HIT, 17SB, 10GWG
    • Axelsson, Theo (HSK) - 72GP, 44G, 60A, 104P, +56, 82PIM, 245HIT, 19SB, 14GWG
    • Ravenwing, Essian (NYA) - 72GP, 43G, 61A, 104P, +58, 0PIM, 2HIT, 49SB, 12GWG
    • Muller, Lukas (QUE) - 72GP, 28G, 75A, 103P, +55, 56PIM, 121HIT, 18SB, 5GWG
    • DeGrath Rhett (STO) - 64GP, 52-11-1, 0.941SV%, 1.25GAA, 17SO, 1358SA
    • Moon, Astrid (HSK) - 64GP, 53-10-1, 0.933SV%, 1.24GAA, 20SO, 1192SA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2017 at 06:00 PM

1 minute ago, KGR said:

Man you beat a guy in about every category except a small margin in save % and you get thrown in the dirt.

The stats were nearly identical. Save percentage is the main stat for goalies though

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

The stats were nearly identical. Save percentage is the main stat for goalies though

I get it, but they shouldn't be the only defining factor. I had a little less on the GAA, a few more shutouts (team related I know) but still shouldn't determine it fully.

10 minutes ago, KGR said:

I get it, but they shouldn't be the only defining factor. I had a little less on the GAA, a few more shutouts (team related I know) but still shouldn't determine it fully.

But it does. When it comes to a tie breaker that one stat is weighted more than anything. Having 1 win more,  0.01 GAA better is not enough to beat out a  .008 margin. That's just the nature of the stats.

12 hours ago, KGR said:

Lol I thought for sure you were joking at first wtf

You barely beat him in other categories, and he has a rather significant lead in save percentage (consider, there are four other goalies closer to you in save percentage than you are to him)

• Commissioner
12 hours ago, KGR said:

The S% margin isn't as close as you make it seem. If he beat you by the .003 that you beat me by, I would call that a win for you as you did beat him (though marginally) in the more team based stats. But .008 is much larger than it seems. For comparison sake your S% was .007 better than Jacob, people can easily make the claim that you were far better than him with that as evidence.

When so many goalies are this good the numbers appear closer than they really are. Your GAA was barely better and yes, you did beat him by 3SO but the S% margin is substantial and can't be so easily ignored.

16 hours ago, KGR said:

Man you beat a guy in about every category except a small margin in save % and you get thrown in the dirt.

He was in another tier entirely in save percentage, sitting above .940. Are you kidding?