Claimed: Thank you Ottawa!

TurnDaddy

Looks like the second seed for Ottawa was all for nothing in the end, but that doesn't change how proud I am of this team for battling the entire season. 

When we had no offense and people called us out in it, we persevered and starting manufacturing goals. 

When we were fifteen games behind Saskatoon and about 24 behind Oslo everyone said to pack it in and settle for third place, but we battled our way back to overcome Saskatoon and get within five games of Oslo. 

When we were two games down in our series to Saskatoon, everyone thought it was over, but we pushed and we persevered through adversity, but ultimately we fell short. 

We may have lost to Saskatoon, and a big congratulations go out to everyone on that team, and the second seed might have not meant much to others with a playoff series loss, but to me, it means so much. Coming from Serbia we don't get to enjoy the camaraderie on our teams. It is all work, work, work and no play, but here in North America it has been such a great experience that I am forever grateful for my time here. I have made many new friends, ones that will last a lifetime. I have made so many great memories, and even some not so great ones, but they have made me into me. I am forever grateful at the opportunity that Ottawa has afforded to me, first by taking a risk on me in free agency last season, and then drafting me this season. The front office has done everything in their power to field a competitive team, but also grooming all of us to be top level competitors when we transition to the VHL. I truly cannot thank them enough. 

My teammates have been wonderful as well and will miss them, but I know we will run into each other again in a VHL city. 

We faced adversity all season and we never quit. While I am sad that it had to come to an end early, I am forever proud of what we have done here. Winning is not everything, sure it helps, but I would take what we did as a team this season any day of the week. We showed our character. We showed our will. We showed our power. We showed the league that Ottawa was not to be taken lightly. Thank you Ottawa. For everything. I poured my heart, blood, sweat, and tears out on the ice for this team and city and if I could stay one more year, I certainly would. This is not a goodbye, but rather a see you later. Until we meet again. 

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: Thank you Ottawa!