Finals

jRuutu

img_3790suvela.JPG

Mean streets of Helsinki

We have made it! Quebec Meute is playing in the finals for the second year in row after kicking the always so mean New York Americans out of the playoffs with 4-1 win total.  In the finals we go against the evil Helsinki Titans, who by the way was the team we played against last year, but lost, so a revenge matchup coming up.

As some of you maybe know, I was born in Finland. Helsinki is a city in Finland and it´s quite common for rest of the Finland to have a negative mentality towards Helsinki and the people who live there. I´m not any different. I have hated Helsinki for as long as I can remember. It all started when I was in 6th grade and the whole class traveled to Helsinki to spend the day there. Usual kid stuff really, went to eat and visited amusement park, then traveled back home. Cant exactly remember what we did there, but the amusement park visit I do remember. I went to fairly old looking ride that had really hard benches, so in result I left the ride with a sore back. The bus ride back home was long and felt like something that only a crazy person would enjoy, but I made it home alive.

csm_VRata_ced2975ca0.jpg

Ride from hell

After that I have tried to avoid Helsinki as much as possible, but since I´m an professional athlete, the wicked people of Helsinki quite often organize sporting events in Helsinki, various hockey games especially, so I have visited the place quite few times over the years, always felt dirty and disgusted after the visit is over, but just one of those little things you have to keep inside of you and soldier on. Cant express your true feelings, no matter how much it´s eating you from inside.

I have tried to prepare myself mentally for the upcoming challenge, not just on the ice part, but also off the ice. Where are we going to stay, what are we going to eat, do we have to bring our own chef with us, so the possibility of a food poisoning is as low as possible? I cant even tell you how much it sucks to spend the night in the toilet if you need to be somewhere on the next morning, no energy to do anything.

food-poisoning-affects-1-out-of-6.png

General manager and the coaches of Quebec have heard our opinions about the city and everything else, they promised to take everything into consideration and make sure we don´t have to worry about anything else than hockey, so that is nice to hear. Not going to lie, when I heard we play Helsinki in the finals, first reaction was : Fuck, not Helsinki, what if we die there?

Slight overreaction maybe, but these are the moments when you have to think what is really important in life, career is big part, but staying alive is equally important as well. Not much fun to win and then get seriously hurt soon later or even die.

Helsinki is dangerous place, we will do whatever it takes to liberate the place and bring justice and happiness back to VHL and Finland! Viva La Meute!

Edited by jRuutu