McAllister Top 10 in Draftee TPE

Star-Phoenix.jpg

Saskatoon (AP) -- A little over one month ago, research conducted by @solas revealed the Top 20 TPE earners at the time of the draft, ranging from Mason Richardson's record-setting 348 in Season 40 to Geoff Gartner's 258 in Season 12. At the time, he said it was likely that current Saskatoon winger Gabriel McAllister would reach the top 20 by the time the draft occurred.

To that, McAllister said, "Top 20? Why not Top 10!" Indeed, with a little help from the VHL's birthday celebration, McAllister has now broken into the top 10 all-time in draft day TPE, more than a week before the draft is scheduled to occur. By the time this article is published, McAllister will sit at 306 TPE, which would be good for seventh on the all-time list.

"I can't say it was exactly a goal; I just wanted to work as hard as I could," McAllister told reporters after a recent playoff win against Ottawa. "I'm happy that my hard work is showing up on the ice, and I'll be excited to take that hard work and apply it wherever I get drafted."

Given the Achievement Tracker and team training camp, it's likely that McAllister will be north of 350 TPE by the time Season 56 begins in earnest. He'll likely be a popular pick for Rookie of the Year next season, though he'll have competition from current teammates Daring Do and Ay Ay Ron, the Oslo duo of Mattias Forsberg and Xavier Laflamme, and many others.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica