VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 7

Smarch

23 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Well you sir have a few more memories to make in the next few days!

When we win the cup?

19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Being able to interact and talk to people who may just need an ear to listen. Despite this being an online forum, every person on here does have a time where it's strictly very hard to function as a human being. Everyone goes through troubles and everyone has their hardships, so just giving an ear to hear them out sometimes can give them a bit of a release. I'm an asshole sometimes, but will never not listen to someone going through a tough time. I support the underdog.

:cheers:

27 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

Las Vegas Aces last season.  The LR was more active then a VHL LR. the hype train. The general hate for the team if you weren't on it.   People trying their hardest to fuck us and failing.  Then capping it of with the cup that everyone knew we'd get.  Getting fired.  It really couldn't have ended a more perfect way.  No regrets. #fuckthevhlm #dead

This man speaks the truth. Let's uh.. drink to that!

One of my favourite memories is being on a team and in an LR with @Pablo and @Frank in Quebec. Boychuk, Bruno Wolf, Aksel Thomassen, Jake Wylde @STZ, Brock Waldron was hybrid. Also Zeptenbergs, Milos Denis, and many others.

Those were fun times. We had some great teams.

9 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

One of my favourite memories is being on a team and in an LR with @Pablo and @Frank in Quebec. Boychuk, Bruno Wolf, Aksel Thomassen, Jake Wylde @STZ, Brock Waldron was hybrid. Also Zeptenbergs, Milos Denis, and many others.

Ahh so before me? :(

Being a part of the Vasteras IK J20 superteam led by Edgar in S26.   We wouldn't win a Founders' Cup until the next year but that would end up being the start of me really becoming active in the VHL.  At first when I created Ferguson I was looking at this league as a sort of secondary thing to the SHL (which I had joined first).  Müller would become my first really significant player in this league and I haven't looked back since.  

Now I'm just trying to get over the hump and create a HOFer, so hopefully that'll be one of my memories when we hit 15 years ;)

42 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Fav memory #8 for me. 

Reading these favorite memory threads was great, it's one of my favorite memories because it's great to see how much everyone enjoys the league. Thank you to @Smarch and everyone else for taking the time to organize this. Love this league!

For memory number 7. I would have to say Winning the cup with Muller in Season 51 @KGR was a big part of leading me to that team with @BobertZ @Toast @JardyB10 were there @Evans with Titan Kronos @Lunaro and Virtanen. It was just a good time oh and @Green! Maximoff and Muller had some great chemistry. It was just fun. My first active cup win since Season 6 was a long time coming. I felt really bad when I asked @Banackock to trade me but I really wanted to win a cup. I told him I would come back but he didnt have enough cap room for me in my last season. So that was unfortunate. Shawn Muller is m pride and joy. I proved to myself that I can stay active with him and showed everyone else I won't disappear after about 300 TPE. I love the VHL so much. I hope we keep this going for a long time because I will always make a player 

Winning my first and only championship as an active in Quebec when they were near brand new with Koradek and Squinty. Still keep in touch with them IRL here and there.

Finally winning a Cup with New York in S47. After having lost five finals during Glover's career, it was great to finally win one with New York. It was also my first Cup since S20, so I had quite the drought going. Being able to win a couple more in S52-S53 was nice as well.

Another draft memory, this time for the VHLM. Since I signed midseason in Saskatoon the first time, there was some uncertainty about who could come back. Thankfully, the new GM in Corco managed to find a way to get McAllister, Scheel and Do all back on the top, on top of picking up some pretty sweet players to make us a stronger team overall.

21 minutes ago, MD9 said:

Another draft memory, this time for the VHLM. Since I signed midseason in Saskatoon the first time, there was some uncertainty about who could come back. Thankfully, the new GM in Corco managed to find a way to get McAllister, Scheel and Do all back on the top, on top of picking up some pretty sweet players to make us a stronger team overall.

Good luck, I'm rooting for Sasky unless, of course, the opponent is Vegas.

Hard to choose a final one, but winning the S46 World Cup with Europe/Koenig and topping the points total. I didn't appreciate Bismarck but he was a decent player. Honorable mention to Brekking Bad and Yeah's GM'ing skills in the super cup.

Bring able to shed my persona in  the league as not being trustworthy and not a building a player you can build your team around. Then making two consecutive 1000+ TPE players on my way to my third. Then taking on the role as a GM in the VHLM and VHL. 

Been a great 20 seasons personally for me and something I hope can continue for 20 more 

47 minutes ago, Megster said:

Getting drafted by the Riga Reign was pretty cool, glad I went to such a good and supportive LR early in my career

Getting traded from Riga to Seattle and @gregreg with my first player midway through my first season.

Having someone as active as me as my GM was a treat