VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 7

Smarch

My favorite memory by far, and not just being confined the the VHL, is all the relationships and friendships we've all made with each other over the years. I've been in leagues for a good chunk of time now(2005?) while some has been spent away, there was always some kind of contact with leaguers whether it be on FB, texting, or whatever. It has connected many of us and some, myself included, have even met other people from these leagues and will continue to be friends long past the life of a league. 

Most guys and gals who have been in this league have been in other leagues over the course of these years and it's just nice to know that we have built an awesome community in our little corner of the internet. 

last year winning the championship as a rookie. I have won very few championships in this league and was always jealous of these guys getting 3-4 cups with one player and now I'm hoping I have a player that can do this as well.

My last fav memory will be in S63, when the Stockholm Vikings, after not winning a cup since their relocation, are announced to be moving back to Vasteras as the Västerås Gold Eagles. This will generate controversy, as the team will have one last season in Stockholm before relocating; in this season the team will go on a Cinderella run to the finals, although ultimately falling short in overtime of game seven.

Day 7 - Probably the top memory will always be from last season being inducted into the HOF as a Builder. I think it just captures the entire VHL experience I've had. I've put a lot of time into this league as a Player Builder, Grader, Magazine Editor, VHLM GM, VHL GM, and Forum Member.

I joined this site in 2011 when I was going through some confusing and hard times in my life. I had moved back in with my parents, left a job I didn't like, and was seeking something to occupy my mind and fill a void. I've met a lot of great people during my time here, and while there have beens ups and downs with the league, I can see it always being a staple in my life as I really do love the community we have here.

My final one will be when I made the HoF with Wingate. Even though I wasn't here actually at the time it happened, it was cool to see recognition of something I worked extremely had for, and something that was my goal with Wingate specifically at the start of his career. Here's to hoping for more!

I always enjoyed checking out the magazine and the lottery in there. I don´t think I ever won it, but each issue started with full of hope that was soon followed by the fact that I did not come anywhere near to actually winning, again! Some day I will win it though, hopefully ;)

Being a part of the start of this league! Back before the VHL started, everyone had their own leagues run on whichever NHL game was out at the time. Most of them, you'd join, create your player, and that would pretty much be the end of it. I forget exactly how I got involved in my first leagues, but they were a gong show, most fizzling out within a couple seasons, mostly because simming the games was a nightmare between creating all the necessary players manually, then actually simming the games and doing PBP... Then I joined the SHL, which was Scotty's league, and created a player named Matthew Phaneuf (back when Dion was a young superstar lol), and that was the first league I found that had point tasks. It was cool, and I mostly stuck to Media Spots because all I had was MS paint, and that shit was god awful lol. There was also a @PensFan101league, which I believe was called the DHL, because he loves delivery services or something (I think it was actually the Dynasty Hockey League - just an unfortunate abbreviation lol). Then the SHL folded after 4 or 5 seasons (I can't remember which, but I think I joined around S3), and everyone was left looking for somewhere else to go. I even tried my hand at starting a league, with the NGSHL, which was fun, but I don't think I even made it through the first season before shutting her down. After that, I kinda stopped with the sim leagues for a bit, but still talked to @brooks. on a regular basis on MSN, and he told me about the league and how simming wouldn't be an issue. From there, it seemed like everyone from all leagues converged on the VHL, and it was amazing how many people came over to the new league. It was almost like the first day at school, where you're excited to see all your friends again, but without the dread of having to go to class :lol:. Hell, we had enough for essentially 10 rounds of drafting with an 8 team league! From Day one until I retired Bailey all the way in S19, this league provided some amazing memories during my high-school and early university days! Since Bailey, I've been in and out with activity, and honestly wasn't even planning on creating this time around, but this place has been a big part of my life and I'm happy I came back in time for the 10th anniversary!

Last day of memories and we'll fire this one off to whatever series that was where we clawed our way slowly back into the series being down 3-0 or 3-1 and forced a game 7 only to tank out in the final game. Pretty sure it was one of the series against New York, but who knows, could be wrong. Either way, the boys were jacked in the LR and it was a hell of a ride thinking we may actually pull it off. 

When I was traded to the Wranglers in S39, I made a paint graphic parodying the Lebron James "decision", changing his dress code to that of a Mountie with the text "I've decided to take my PIMs to South Alberta".

It got 12 likes, which I believe is my most liked post to date.

2 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

When I was traded to the Wranglers in S39, I made a paint graphic parodying the Lebron James "decision", changing his dress code to that of a Mountie with the text "I've decided to take my PIMs to South Alberta".

It got 12 likes, which I believe is my most liked post to date.

:draper110:

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

Favorite memory number seven would probably be when Vegas came back hard in the 3rd period and to win it OT to go up in the series 2-1 against Oslo

Well you sir have a few more memories to make in the next few days!

Las Vegas Aces last season.  The LR was more active then a VHL LR. the hype train. The general hate for the team if you weren't on it.   People trying their hardest to fuck us and failing.  Then capping it of with the cup that everyone knew we'd get.  Getting fired.  It really couldn't have ended a more perfect way.  No regrets. #fuckthevhlm #dead

Being able to interact and talk to people who may just need an ear to listen. Despite this being an online forum, every person on here does have a time where it's strictly very hard to function as a human being. Everyone goes through troubles and everyone has their hardships, so just giving an ear to hear them out sometimes can give them a bit of a release. I'm an asshole sometimes, but will never not listen to someone going through a tough time. I support the underdog.

My favourite memory is still the one from day 2, where gorlab took one look at me in chat and said "oh fuck no, not you."

But even so, for my 7th and final memory I'm going to have to go with being drafted by Toronto. It's been pretty exciting to actually stick with a player in the VHL long enough that I get to see my career play out, and I'm hoping it ends up being a good, long-term career.