VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 6

Smarch

The last shot that Jarkko Olsen ever took was a game-winner in Game 7 of the Continental Cup finals.

Olsen is honestly one of my favorite sim league players of all-time. He was a great role player, went inactive and came back to be an ultimate winner for Davos and eventually paid back Riga for his disappearance with that Cup win. Olsen won three cups, but unfortunately they weren't in a row - if they had been, it would've been a three-peat, the first and only of its kind (at that time).

For day 5 since I was too busy to post yesterday. 

I wanted to share my favourite surprise moment in the sim and can earnestly say that it was when Cologne got upset by Seattle in Season 43. We just won and were looking to repeat and out of nowhere came this team that stunned us.

Day 6 - Ethan Osborne and Jake Wylde's HOF Inductions. Osborne was special because it was my first player and I was really passionate about the player, the team I was on, and the league in general. He was a unanimous one that was almost a sure-thing. Wylde on the other hand was an after-thought. He was my GM Player when I was running the Titans, and then was traded off when Draper took over. He was a productive defenseman who never won - I was shocked when he was inducted.

Now I have a chance for a third straight player to be inducted with Unassisted, and I'm pretty fortunate for some sim-luck as there are a lot of members that have come and gone who have earned the TPE and just haven't had it translate to success.

Day 6

I'll go with my first serious memory on this site. Believe it or not it actually comes courtesy of one @JardyB10 who I must say is doing an awful jog rigging for NY right now in the conference finals. :P 

During the first few weeks I ever joined this league, probably back in 2011 I believe at this point, I had zero idea what was going on. I posted trying to claim a league wide giveaway and I believe I said specifically Am I eligible to claim this? If so I claim. Sadly little known to me at the time the word claim was word filtered into the phrase "I like dicks." So one of my first few posts in the VHL read "Am I eligible to I like dicks this? If so I like dicks." I don't know who was responsible for the word filter, but I do know that Jardy was the man who wore that fucking quoted post in his sig for probably a calendar year, that is what it felt like. 

Never letting me live down the moment. Thankfully he came through for me alter when he helped name the Pajdocast ,which is now the name of a Youtube Channel for us. So legacy Jardy, thanks ya farmer! :cheers: 

3 minutes ago, Devise said:

The real question here, how was the red lobster?

The only time I go with my woman and it seems like sterling and his woman is at all you can each shrimp,cause it's usually on in my birthday month, so it's always fucking delicious 

winning the cup with the Battalion in my second year as general manager meant a lot to me and was very validating that I was not just a cancer in the league so that's my favorite memory 

Coming back to full activity with Villeneuve on Riga and correctly predicting that we'd win the cup that year. It was a very fun team to be a part of. Can't even remember half the people who was on the team... @Mike @eaglesfan036 @Fire Hakstol @Jamie @Molholt (right? with Jaaaaarkkko?)... I even think we traded for @boubabi's Lindberg! Rergardless it was fun but I felt so badly for @James since we just traded him at the deadline and he still didn't get that cup :(

26 minutes ago, Strummer said:

For those around in tge very beginning.  Chris Julien. I found him as a good guy but his broken English was awesome and the flop of his speed only forward. 

Who were you :)

Just now, Strummer said:

Toswammi aka D. Funk, Z. Rawlyk, O. Scarlett etc. 

Also the guy that build the magazine, helped create the welfare system and the fantasy section you all love.

Simply put, one of the VHLs greatest of all time...(But that could be the ego talking :)

3 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Ah I have vague memories of Funk. Seattle GM for a while if I remember correctly?

Never Seattle. Started there with my first guy.

GM  of Riga two or three times though.

1 minute ago, Strummer said:

Never Seattle. Started there with my first guy.

GM  of Riga two or three times though.

Ah that's why I associated Funk with Seattle. Creating a player this time around?

10 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Ah that's why I associated Funk with Seattle. Creating a player this time around?

Doubt it. I'd be nothing but a welfare bum here. Sadly (from this leagues persoective) I'm more into the "be a GM" type leagues over the "create a player" ones.