VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 6

Smarch

Benjamin Glover's Hall of Fame induction. To be honest, I was disappointed with how his career turned out as a whole, even ignoring the lack of cups I didn't think he was all that great. Maybe I was being a little harsh on myself because I thought he should've performed better than CAL G but wasn't, but I was one of a couple people who didn't vote for him. He made it in first-ballot alongside long-time teammate Daniel Braxton, and I've always wondered since then: if Felix Peters (who had my vote) had gotten in then, would I have had to wait as long as he did?

Day 6 memory is probably my favorite time in the VHL my whole team and tenure with with the RIga Reign minus the only winning 1 cup thing.  Too many members to thank here but you know who you area.

Reencarnacion getting into the Hall of Fame. I'm actually getting close to having spent ten years in player sim leagues and had never been inducted into a hall of fame before (whether that be because the league didn't last long enough or my player simply wasn't good enough) so getting that achievement was a personal milestone for me

All three Toronto championships were cool, but I think the first one was the most special for me. There was so much uncertainty surrounding whether what we put together would actually be good enough, and to see it all come together so quickly and go worst to first was incredible.

Day 6: That time Saskatoon went up 2-0 on the Lynx and my player was actually contributing the way she was supposed to.

It's last night. This memory is from last night.

Day 6 of memories is going to go to the day I took over for @Mike as the Seattle Bears GM. I've always had a strong passion for GMing in these kinds of leagues and had overly enjoyed my time in the VHLM. Despite the differences, I'd say the VHLM was way easier and didn't prepare me as greatly as I would of hoped for the VHL. Though, over time and with experience I've picked it up fairly nicely and have adapted to the league and it's other managers and ways. Now, I'm the longest running CURRENT General Manager in the VHL and don't look to stop right now. I'd like to give this rebuild another go even though it could be sacrificing more of my players careers.

Long live Seattle!

Coming back and seeing everyone that is still here. Lots of the old guard is gone, but seeing the guys that are still here from when I was last active is really cool, especially seeing old farts like @Kendrick @Beketov @tfongand @sterling kicking around, other guys who I became good friends with in @Phil @Victorand @JardyB10, and even seeing @Knight make an appearance this week was awesome! There's so many more I haven't mentioned, but yeah, seeing everyone who's still here was awesome and pretty much the reason I created again!

Winning the S48 Gold Medal with Scandinavia, which had been the only team achievement that had eluded me in the past (other than the Super Cup but that doesn't count).  Sadly couldn't win the Founder's Cup with Axelsson so it'll probably be a while before I can finally join the Triple Gold Club.

2 hours ago, Eggy216 said:

Day 6: That time Saskatoon went up 2-0 on the Lynx and my player was actually contributing the way she was supposed to.

It's last night. This memory is from last night.

Suck it Trebek. Suck it long and suck it hard. 

• Commissioner

Jumping way ahead this time but the Toronto cup win with White in S29 as well as taking home the scoring title, even if it was with the lowest point total ever. Season 29 is one of my more memorable cups simply because so few saw it coming. We were a band of underdogs that swooped in and stole the cup away. It was a hell of a season to say the least and I think the only time I've won a cup and an individual award in the same season.

Zach Parechkin's HoF induction.

My first player Boychuk was a stud as a first-gen, and I was relatively unknown around here for a lot of his career. With my second player, I kind of tried to build him like a Scott Campbell-esque player, and I guess it worked. Zach Parechkin reached levels I never thought I'd reach with just my second player ever created. Winning 3 cups in the 3peat, almost winning more, winning multiple individual trophies as well, and even having a great centerman on my team in Max @Molholt to boot. I've said time and time again that it's going to be difficult to ever repeat those accomplishments. To have made a HoFer so quickly and establish myself in the VHL so quickly has been fun.

I reached 600 TPE with my 2nd player! Not maybe so special memory, but now I can say I have created two players that had over 600 TPE, two days ago I could not say that, so historical VHL moment for me.

I also remember spending time in the old chat room, not as much as I perhaps should have, but I visited sometimes, whenever I popped in, tfong was there, good times

Edited by jRuutu

4 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

My favorite moment was learning what a 3 peat was. In case you haven't heard, Toronto recently had a 3 peat, consisting of bacon, eggs, and home fries. What a great breakfast combo! The first and only of its kind!

That's a mechanic's three-peat.