VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 5

Smarch

Winning a Shaw Trophy in between while Aidan Shaw and Daisuke Kanou seemed to battle each other for them. Still unsure why Kjeldsen didn't get HOF

Argueably my favourite memory atleast in terms of VHL success was when i took an underdog Davos team all the way to 7 games against the heavy favourite Toronto team, almost denying history. Then winning my first ever VHL award as GM of the year.

Day 5 worth of memories would have to be awarded to my General Managing time in the VHLM. A lot of people shit on the VHLM and while it was a different league then as opposed to what were transitioning to now, I LOVED it. In fact, it easily competes with my GMing tenure with the Seattle Bears. There were some tough years where the locker room was quiet, but I loved building a team, winning personal and team awards and of course, bringing new and veteran members into the organization and having them hyped for the rest of their VHL career.

Bratislava is and always will be one of my greatest memories on this site.

When I was part of the All-Star grading squad that was myself, @Victor, @frescoelmo, and fearless grading head @Knight. Back in those days you needed 10 grades per TPE, and you actually had to grade! And there were four of us! But we got it done.

Dammit, now I'm sad.

• Smarch unlocked this topic

The Back to Back Cups with NYA at Unassisted.. I chased the Cup going to a "super team" in Calgary, that was kinda the plan for Unassisted's career. However, after seeing some of the moves and young players NYA brought in, I saw a good opportunity with the Americans. I figured a few seasons in we might get one, and we ended up getting two in the first two seasons I was there.

• Smarch locked this topic