VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 5

Smarch

A memory that comes to mind right now is all those weeks I listened to every single one of people's podcasts. Back when I wasn't the Head of PT Staff yet, I was listening to and grading everything. Especially every single one of @Phil's Knight Time podcasts. Hell, I still have a song from Halestorm that I still listen to sometimes because it was on the outro or something.

The first 2 seasons in Helsinki with Snelheid were amazing. We were a beast offensively with Radmonovic (falco), Alexander, Defosse and we traded for Scotty in S6 ( I feel like @Mike Szatowski was a part of the S5 tem and traded to Seattle for Scotty). That was a great locker room and winning the Cup with that group was one of the most fun times I had in the league.

I refused to uphold part two of a horrible deal that the previous GM had with @boubabi and Stockholm (which made Stockholm and Boubabi very mad) - which helped me get some assets that I used to kick off my rebuild.

How did that rebuild go you ask? Well, it turned into a team that won a Continental Cup! And then another! Finally, a third! What's that? They were all in a row? Well that's a three-peat! First and only of its kind.

S43 Bears. @Molholt and I busting our balls getting the Team Point Task done. We took the reigns and flew. DT ( what's your username now?! ) also had strong leadership that year. Bringing in Faraday / @Higgins was perfect as well. Great Team and the biggest underdog story in VHL history. 

... I was doing my favorite moments chronologically, but now that I've actually legitimately gotten to Wingate and Toronto it's a meme. :( 

Ah, fuck it. THAT TIME I SIGNED WITH TORONTO IN FREE AGENCY, KICKING OFF THE ONLY THREE-PEAT IN VHL HISTORY.

So day 5 still having trouble figuring out my memories(Been here a week) today's memory is when I played my first play off game.

Yesterday we were blown out 6-1 which hurt but I still got that first playoff game under my belt

• Commissioner

Gotta get through these a bit quicker if I'll ever get to my later players so jumping right ahead to the end of Beketov's career. After capturing the Continental Cup in his final season with the Bears I had the honour of having Beketov added into the Hall of Fame as a First Ballot introduction. For some reason during his entire career I had never considered the possibility of making the hall so to get there, especially in my first season of eligibility, felt pretty amazing.

The draft. I fell far, but it was the first time I was a touted prospect in any sim league. It was kind of fun being in the top five, wondering where I'd go -- and being able to worry about not being a bust, rather than having to prove myself as a steal.

That time when a team protest prevented me from becoming a GM in Season 42. 

Thats one one of my favourite moments because I went on to GM New York instead and helped them to one Continental Cup and then gave the next GM the pieces to get two more.

19 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

That time when a team protest prevented me from becoming a GM in Season 42. 

Thats one one of my favourite moments because I went on to GM New York instead and helped them to one Continental Cup and then gave the next GM the pieces to get two more.

Lol the protest to keep @Bushitroll and then he goes inactive I forgot about that hahaha

I think last time I talked about Stamkos, so here we jump ahead to Dimothenis Vlasis. I fondly remember the Turku Outlaws in my one season in the VHLM. @DollarAndADream Svoboda aka Slobo we all had a great game down there and im pretty sure for awhile I threatened to break the assist record for VHLM but fell short. In the VHL I won ROY over Don Draper @Will before going inactive sadly. Vlasis did manage to win a cup in Season 42 marking it one of the longest waits between Cup wins for members at 40 seasons. I feel like Vlasis had such a great build and would have been such an offensive monster. Sucks I had to go inactive