Semi-Finals GM 1: Vegas vs. Oslo

Higgins

36 minutes ago, Laflamme said:

You have to play a certain amount of regular season games to be eligible for the playoffs. 

No? We just had an extended break between the end of the regular season and the playoffs to allow people to sign guys for the playoffs , why would there be a regular season game requirement? 

The likeliest scenario is that Higgins has yet to be informed of the signing or was not informed till the playoffs started. 

1 minute ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

No? We just had an extended break between the end of the regular season and the playoffs to allow people to sign guys for the playoffs , why would there be a regular season game requirement? 

The likeliest scenario is that Higgins has yet to be informed of the signing or was not informed till the playoffs started. 

Ill be the judge of that. :thedonald:

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to sign a player if they're not going to be allowed to play, especially when the break was to allow the players to be assigned to teams. I've been on Oslo since the weekend though, so I don't know what happened?

edit: just saw @Higgins status update. Guess late creates won't get into the playoffs. Meh, free contract I guess

Edited by Quik

7 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Better than Cologne.

Let's see who makes the playoffs first. Stakes are pretty even.

New York and Stockholm both with new GMs and rebuilding with a lot of assets on hand.

Toronto and Riga both up-and-coming teams that will contend soon.

Calgary and Davos both had unexpected successes this year and will only get better.

Quebec City and Helsinki are perennial contenders for another year or two probably.

55 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Let's see who makes the playoffs first. Stakes are pretty even.

New York and Stockholm both with new GMs and rebuilding with a lot of assets on hand.

Toronto and Riga both up-and-coming teams that will contend soon.

Calgary and Davos both had unexpected successes this year and will only get better.

Quebec City and Helsinki are perennial contenders for another year or two probably.

Despite certain things and the stakes being even, skill is only part of being a VHL GM. Luck plays a portion. 

Either way, sure. Some sort of excitement would be great during this dark period in Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Despite certain things and the stakes being even, skill is only part of being a VHL GM. Luck plays a portion. 

Either way, sure. Some sort of excitement would be great during this dark period in Seattle. 

Of course luck plays a role; I'm waiting on the draft lottery to see if I'm shopping the 1st or 2nd overall :unsure2: