VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 4

Smarch

I always really enjoyed our trip through expansion for the first time. I know in hindsight, the player base probably wasn't capable of sustaining it healthily for as long as we would have hoped, hence two-player band aid. That said I always thought the way we handled expansion went well, and while both franchises both only have a single championship win, neither franchise is simply straight up bad, and on top of Cup wins had some competitive runs off and on too. 

11 minutes ago, Devise said:

I always really enjoyed our trip through expansion for the first time. I know in hindsight, the player base probably wasn't capable of sustaining it healthily for as long as we would have hoped, hence two-player band aid. That said I always thought the way we handled expansion went well, and while both franchises both only have a single championship win, neither franchise is simply straight up bad, and on top of Cup wins had some competitive runs off and on too. 

Lol 70% of the expansion draft draft picks were future considerations and/or draft picks. Maybe we should do a contraction draft!

14 hours ago, Victor said:

I don't remember this.

I also don't remember telling you Tordahl was "lucky" but carry on.

Not even an @, indirect digs ftw.

Apology incoming.

The "tampering" was in fact just you convincing me that I didn't owe Helsinki anything after winning a Cup. I found the PM (I was going off a very poor memory tbh)

Also, the "lucky" was more along the lines of a media spot that stated that. Tordahl was lucky to be playing in a period where goalies where weaker at the time. I'm still looking for the article, but wanted to apologize if you took my post as a shot at you. Dude, I even said you had warm hands!

Anyway, I was innacurate with my descriptions.

@Victor

• Smarch locked this topic
  • Smarch unlocked this topic

<3 Smarch. I was going to ask to open this back up to, as I missed it by an hour but he was offline. :P

Another VHL memory of mine.....RIDING THE LANDRY SHIP in Calgary with the Wranglers, but ultimately losing in the playoffs. THat was a fun season! I believe my final one in Calgary before Travis Boychuk moved to the Meute.

10 hours ago, Advantage said:

<3 Smarch

Fittingly..seeing Connor Low become the greatest defender of all time with all those Labatte Trophies.

I was surprised to see how bad low's stats were, especially for playing two seasons as a forward.  He was lucky enough to have played in that era 

1 hour ago, sterling said:

I was surprised to see how bad low's stats were, especially for playing two seasons as a forward.  He was lucky enough to have played in that era 

Hamiltons were both better.. ;) possibly even David... no, not that far

Day 4 of memories.. Was when @Devise told me @Smarch and company were letting us claim older days of memories.

But in all seriousness, I think we'll have to fire off and say my memory would be going to dominating the season with the New York Americans with my goalie Blake Campbell which in the end turned into an Aidan Shaw and Championship. that or kicking ass with Stockholm.

• Smarch locked this topic