VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 4

Smarch

Im starting to run out of content since its been only a week but umm my favorite memory is how helpful everyone is. When I first started I was a little lost now I feel like its a well laid out site and the community is very friendly im not sure if this counts as a memory but I have to get through the week somehow!

I remember doing GFX. I started out with GIMP, then eventually got PS. There was nights where I'd stay up until 4AM just working on sigs and wallpapers and such. I went from such a scrub making almost Paint-like sigs to being pretty good, IMO anyways. @brooks. was a big part of that, as he was one of my closer sim-friends, and he'd always offer help in how to make my work better.

Was actually surprised when I came back and @JardyB10 was using an avatar I made him back in like S19 (come to think about it, I'm surprised it's still being hosted haha).

• Commissioner

Let's finally get away from Sharpe shall we? Gotta move through these a bit quicker haha

Winning my first assist award with Beketov, back before the award had my name. I had been (mercifully) traded from Hamilton to Vasteras and was playing alongside @Mike and tearing things up. I believe he surpassed me right at the end of the season for the scoring title but the point is we were both playing absolutely amazing. I was feeding him the puck, he was putting it in. The team overall wasn't great but the two of us were unstoppable. I went on to win the award again a few years later (was only the third player to ever win two of them with the others being slob and scotty) but that first one just felt more special. Not only was it my first individual award in the league but it was kinda validation that I had come back from what a disaster Sharpe was to actually make a very solid second player.

Season 42 with Encarnacion, setting the post expansion record for PIMs in a season (until someone decided to up the fight slider ridiculously high last season) and finishing his career leading defensemen in three all-time statistics.

Still not in Hall of Fame.

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

@eaglesfan036 already posted about beating Quebec in Season 44, but the finals were a lot of fun too. I was expecting possibly a bit of a letdown against O'Malley and Co, but we actually finished off the miracle run. Was a fun first VHL title to get.

Day 4 - Editing together Magazine Edition 200. We had over 300 Editions but I think that was by far the best edition ever put together. We had a lot of old Mag writers return for the special edition. A lot of great reflective articles and some great collaboration ones as well :) 

Fast forward to Season 31 when I  came back under a different alias then known as StevenStamkos91. I promptly named my player Steven Stamkos and was the 2nd ever draft pick by the Quebec City Meute. It was back in a time where I only had internet at school so during the school year I was able to be active but come summer time I would be inactive so I would get around 250-350 TPE in one school year before internet was installed at my house. However being the 2nd ever draft pick for the Meute was pretty cool. Wish I was able to stay longer and not be a scrub. Think i bounced to davos when @Victor traded for me then was traded to Seattle where I retired and created my next player

I remember created a profile to be "Foot Fetish" girl and fooling scotty, nibbz and Barretta to thinking they were actually talking to a girl with a foot fetish on their little dating thingy. Those guys were so gullible and it was to get back at Barretta for being a total asshat to the board.

4 hours ago, Green said:

I remember like it was yesterday, Anderson publically trying to bribe-tamper Quill to sign in Cologne by offering to retire Thomas O'Malley's number.

Ohh good times it were!

:th_clooney:

Never mind Vasteras IK, I missed the days of the Helsinki Frostbite, the Amstel Tijgers, the Stockholm Rams with that black guy who liked Thierry Henry (Alec Miller?), the Stockholm Thunder, and the Avangard Havoc (who were in Omsk, if I remember correctly?).

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Never mind Vasteras IK, I missed the days of the Helsinki Frostbite, the Amstel Tijgers, the Stockholm Rams with that black guy who liked Thierry Henry (Alec Miller?), the Stockholm Thunder, and the Avangard Havoc (who were in Omsk, if I remember correctly?).

The GM for the Rams wasn't Miller, it was Chris Julien. I don't remember his username mind you, or Miller's for that matter.