Claimed: Ozamataz Buckshank - Not what you'd Expect

Ozamataz Buckshank: Not what you'd expect.

Joel%20Ward.jpg

Name: Ozamataz Buckshank
Birthday: December 22
Hometown: Sundsvall, Sweden - Population: 51,354

Born in Atlanta, USA originally, Ozamataz Buckshank grew up the son of an African Business man come to american for opportunity and a local Atlanta resident whom he met through mutual friends. His parents extremely progressive in their views about naming decided to let his father choose his first name, while they used his mothers last name so to not draw attention to the youngster based on his fathers rather famous reputation locally (He was a VERY successful businessman). The hulking winger is a bit of an odditiy when it comes to genetics. His father standing at a "Tall" 6'3" and his mother at 5'8" produced this massive young adult we are discussing today.

When looking at where he spent the better part of 8 years of his life, one would wonder why he would choose Sweden as his place of representation? Well just shy of his 9th birthday, Ozamataz's father decided to break into the growing western European market. There was also a hidden plan there as from the young age of 5 Ozamataz has shown a love for the ice and sport of hockey despite their current location and the lack influence there. None of this mattered to the youngster as he loved the feeling of the cold ice, the heavy gear, the physical nature, he loved all of it. With that in mind, and the chances to maybe grow his sons love for the game, and his ability he decided on Sweden. Enrolling young Ozzy (his nickname among his parents and fellow hockey players) into the elite Swedish programs started to pay off immediately. The sheer dedication and love Ozzy showed for the sport was apparent, and he wanted to succeed badly.

Ozzy was soon apart of the SHL programs run regularly being enrolled by his father in any and all camps when available. Being primarily involved with Modo, many thought that would be the club he would attach himself to when it came to making the jump to J18 Elit, but he had an offer from the Färjestad Karlstad program that was to good to pass up. 

200.png

Enjoying a very successful career there, Ozzy soon got the call that the VHL was looking for players and he had a real shot of making the league he had heard so much about and had always made his goal to reach someday. Now it was within his actual grasp. When approached about where he would like to go if he was to make it to the draft floor of the VHL he answered like his regular self. Now before we get into the interview to much further, you must know, Ozamataz Buckshank does not shy away from the media, and will be very blunt and straight forward. No dancing around answers, this kid says it how it is.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd love to play for my 'hometown' Vikings. How awesome would it be playing for the team based in the country you love and want to be in? It would truly be a dream come true. Any kid growing up watching the league in their home country, city, etc would want to play for their local team. Regardless of where they are, their history, it doesn't matter, you want to be THE guy, and force a legacy and legend around that team."

So next questions, where else would be excited to go? Where would you not want to go?

"Well I think another two teams I would love to hear my name called by would be the Cologne Express. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about the German culture I love that I would totally want to be a apart of that team. Next? Well why not the Hockey Meca of North america? Yeah! That's right. Toronto. Yeah Yeah I know how so many of their franchises seem to be cursed, but who wouldn't want to live and play there? I have heard nothing but great things about the city and surrounding areas (although I wouldn't mind if Victora, BC had a team)."

"The teams I wouldn't want to be called for? Well where do I start? Helsinki is an automatic NO for me cause well, it's in Finland. I feel like just playing there would be a betrayal for my native country of Sweden. Next? The Americans hands down. The world already has enough MURICA being shoved down their throats as is. Last thing I want to wear is all those stripes and stars"

ward-joel-150421-620.jpg

Speaking both English and Sweddish now, Ozamataz could never be more happy to represent his beloved home country of Sweden. His last season in Junior complete as he prepares for the draft.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ozamataz knows all the criticisms and doubters about the complete nature of his game and he had the picture above submitted to make his point.

"Everyday. Everyday. Everday. You have to work at it. Everyday. No hesitation. Everyday. No quit. Everyday. You need to work to be the best. It isn't just handed to you. You earn it off your own back, sweat, blood, tears and muscles. Yeah I know I might be as 'impressive' as some of the other prospects, but thats up to me to prove everyone wrong, turn the heads, bring the attention to me. To quote a famous role model of mine. "I MR MEEKSEEKS LOOK AT ME" because if you miss me your going to be sorry later".

A fiery prospect to say the least. I am sure the league and teams look forward to hearing more from this player moving forward. As it stands here is the final run down of what to expect with this player.

Player Recap: A scoring Power forward with size, and skill to boot. Defensively responsible in his own end and never afraid to lay the body on opposing players. A winger who will help to carry a line physically and open ice for the rest of his line mates. Paired almost perfectly with those star snipers and pass dishers that every time needs on their top lines Ozamataz is the glue that will hold together a strong and successful line.

Downsides are that with all this tenacity, and body checking, don't expect him to stay out of the box that often, and paired with him shying away from the fist-a-cuffs, he isn't the solution for a teams need to get gritty and touch if thats a specific need they have. A weaker passer as he likes to find himself with the puck shooting more than he does passing it away.