VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 3

Smarch

Day 3 of 7. Post another favorite VHL memory in this thread. New members obviously don't have to be historical it can be something from this week or newer.  

Please link the thread in your update page when claiming the 1 TPE a day. 

Being traded to Helsinki after two disappointing Cup finals appearances with Cologne was an odd experience. Draper immediately asked about an extension, and I told him that if we won the Cup I'd stay, but that I had plans to test UFA. He was pessimistic, saying that this is probably not our year. Then we won the Cup. :D

From my GM stint in Vasteras; I had to experience to acquire/draft/play with some great guys, some guys who actually cared about helping the franchise. I know I know I'm gonna forget a few but these guys will always have a special place in my sim-league heart:

@solas

@der meister

@Kylrad

@Strtlght

@Wasty

@Backlund

@boubabi

Edited by Corco

Different tone today: Probably unhealthy, but I do well running off of spite. Flyers creating his own goalie before the S43 draft, then Advantage trading for the first pick and not selecting me, is a favorite moment because it gave me extra motivation to absolutely destroy people TPE-wise with Wingate.

2 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Different tone today: Probably unhealthy, but I do well running off of spite. Flyers creating his own goalie before the S43 draft, then Advantage trading for the first pick and not selecting me, is a favorite moment because it gave me extra motivation to absolutely destroy people TPE-wise with Wingate.

then i got to draft you!

Beating the super team that was Calgary in the S1 Finals. Things began to fall apart in Vasteras shortly after, but beating that Calgary team that lost only 3 games all season, and doing it in 6 games was awesome! @scotty, @PensFan101, McLovin, and everyone made that a real fun season!

Edited by Quik

26 minutes ago, Corco said:

From my GM stint in Vasteras; I had to experience to acquire/draft/play with some great guys, some guys who actually cared about helping the franchise. I know I know I'm gonna forget a few but these guys will always have a special place in my sim-league heart:

@solas

@der meister

@Kylrad

@Strtlght

@Wasty

Blake Knight (not sure his username)

@boubabi

@Backlund

My time with Keiji Toriyama on Vasteras helped reignite my interest in the league :cheers:

Edited by Strtlght

• Commissioner

I don't think going chronologically will get very far since I'm still in the first 5 seasons, oh well, a lot of memories back then haha.

My third memory is winning my first continental cup back in Season 3 with the Calgary Wranglers (1 of 2 cups I've won with the team). A cup is a good memory in general but what makes this one so special for me (aside from being my first) is that, I had quite the rivalry going that season. On account of the season 1 suspension I had a lot of people on my case and few were worse than a guy named Joseph Baker (pretty sure that was his player anyway, don't recall the user). He was a S2 goalie if I recall and loved to give me shit for how "awful" I was. Well, I was traded in the S2 off-season (or early S3, I don't recall) to his team the Wranglers. I don't recall if he left or we benched him behind me, but either way the team was dominant and I went on to have EASILY my best season with Sharpe while putting Baker in his place. It may sound vendicitive to have that make the cup in S3 all the more sweet but boy did it ever.

After SOMEHOW not being able to win in Toronto with one of the best teams in history, @sterling and I went to Vasteras for the first and only time for me. We won the Cup. The last time Vasteras ever won.. the first time since S1. It was S26. It was amazing

*edit - It was also my first ever Continental Cup :)

Edited by Phil

It will never be beaten for me(personally), but the moment I knew that Tordahl was a HOF inductee. After disappointing with Boomchenko, finally getting it right(some would say lucky right Victor?) and having a genuinely great player was refreshing. I was a turd as his agent but I didn't mean any harm to the GM's.

i was an inactice scrub from S8 to about S15 when i came back and was active for a little bit aka breaking 200 TPE. so being apart of Riga with Percy Jackson from S16 was pretty fun. I can't remember who was all there but i think it was like Max Kronenburg* and all those guys. Ma'a Nonu. it was a pretty fun time and @Phil even remixed a Breaking Benjamin song for me so that was pretty lit. Overall I wish i had stayed active with Jackson because he was a pretty decent defender with a nice build. also this is the part where I got my username I use now. I use The Last Olympian from the Percy Jackson series of books which star Percy Jackson as the son of Posiden* it was a great series and talking about it now I want to re read them. oh and 07 comes from being my fav number.

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

Before I got an iPhone I had like a random flip phone with a tiny ass screen and the internet would load just text. I would go on the VHL on this shit phone while working 12 hour night shifts on the production line making tires in 2011. Funny how dedicate I was to getting that fix of VHL. Also when I got home I always stayed up for about a half hour in the morning to check the site on my laptop.

Naviagating with arrows, typing with number pads ?