VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 3

Smarch

My 3rd favorite VHL memory was becoming a member of the Blue Team, although sadly it was a shorter time than I would have liked. I got a "real life" job and didn't have the motivation to do the behind the scenes stuff anymore... @Higgins @Will and @JardbyB10 deserve a ton of credit for continuing to stay blue. Job can be much more thankless than I think people realize.

Drafting @jRuutu and @YEAH!stlemania in the same class. Really helped the rebuild with their leadership. We're definitely missing Yeah in the LR. Following that up with @solas @Will @tfong makes the core of Quebec super sexy. I think acquiring @Velevra for the steal price we did made us contenders. In short one of my favourite memories is a recent one with the team we've built in Quebec.

46 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

It's only extortion if I'm forcing him. Also, you spelled it's wrong; no apostrophe for possessive, if you can understand that.

No, he definitely spelled "it's" correctly. He spelled "its" wrong.

Or more aptly, he used the wrong word.

Edited by Strtlght

3rd favourite memory on this site was the first season of contention - not during our stronger seasons but the first couple, but mainly the first one. It was things looking up. We had a bunch of good guys together and we had high hopes for the team. Lots of moves coming and going and we lost a lot of people in the LR so to see it finally paying off and thinking that thee chance of us winning it all together was closer and closer was really enjoyable.

On the opposite side, the losses were very tough. I remember us being happy through the season. Shit was clicking, the boys were happy. We literally steam rolled over people. Playoffs came and the tank was empty. I remember how shitty it felt - how upset a lot of key members were (specifically @Beketov as he always blamed himself partially. One of the reasons I wanted it so bad. Just another reason why it was such a good memory though because it had such strong affects on myself, the team and its players. 

52 minutes ago, Fire Hakstol said:

My 3rd favorite VHL memory was becoming a member of the Blue Team, although sadly it was a shorter time than I would have liked. I got a "real life" job and didn't have the motivation to do the behind the scenes stuff anymore... @Higgins @Will and @JardbyB10 deserve a ton of credit for continuing to stay blue. Job can be much more thankless than I think people realize.

Never knew about that but thanks for your service and contributions :cheers:

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Actually my favorite memory is when @Molholt GM'ed the Toronto Legion to 3 straight Continental Cup victories; the first threepeat in the history of the VHL.

And my favourite memory is Scotty Campbell being the first ever clean draft pick in league history.

13 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Different tone today: Probably unhealthy, but I do well running off of spite. Flyers creating his own goalie before the S43 draft, then Advantage trading for the first pick and not selecting me, is a favorite moment because it gave me extra motivation to absolutely destroy people TPE-wise with Wingate.

Ugh.

As I became GM, there was at least one team, and possibly two, who got stuck without a goalie when they were trying to contend, possibly due to early retirements/inactivity or something. I didn't want to get stuck in the same position, so I created a goalie...and it was awful. I'm never doing it again.

1 hour ago, Fire Hakstol said:

Ugh.

As I became GM, there was at least one team, and possibly two, who got stuck without a goalie when they were trying to contend, possibly due to early retirements/inactivity or something. I didn't want to get stuck in the same position, so I created a goalie...and it was awful. I'm never doing it again.

Coulda been the Riga 3peat with Wingod we'd all be talking about now otherwise. 

Back in my days with Travis Boychuk, before I was ever in the VHL I was on the Turku Outlaws, now disbanded. We had guys like Brock Waldron and Dimonethis Vlasis or some shit, and Svoboda was on that team. Svobo was active as fuck, and he had that killer defenseman Vojtek Svoboda who was going to be a star until he retired him. That VHLM team and locker room was fun.

• Smarch unlocked this topic

Winning my First Continental Cup with Helsinki as Osborne. It felt like we were so close a few seasons in a row and then to finally win was great. Unfortunately right after we did the site got hacked and we didn't really get to bask in the glory lol.. 

• Smarch locked this topic