VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 3

Smarch

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Molholt said:

I drafted World B. Free and he ended up being a key part of all three of the championships I won as a GM of Toronto, which were all three won in a row - the first and only time that has ever happened in league history. They called it a three-peat. 

You seriously just gonna use all of these for "I drafted / traded for X and got the three-peat"?

A less major one here, but I enjoyed winning the VHLM MVP in S22 with Turd Ferguson, my first (and worst) player.  I honestly never expected to win anything with him and I remember that being my first real success in this league.  

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Molholt said:

It's a listing of favorite memories isn't it?

What could be better than winning a three-peat, the only one of its kind?

Nothing but you're grabbing a good chunk of TPE by basically just posting the same thing every day.

Drafting @Green and @Kendrick 1 and 2 OA in the S40 VHL entry draft. @RomanesEuntDomus helped with that as I believe we CO GM'd at that point, but I wasn't big on drafting at the time and while I knew we should keep those draft picks, I believe we ended up trading up to get 2 OA, drafting two of the highest draftee's every in that superdraft 1/2 really set a stamp on Cologne as a franchise.

We only won a single Cup, and sadly I decided to trade Kendrick aka Mason Richardson after. But O'Malley is probably the best player to ever play for Cologne, and went on to be a crazy good player. Had I kept Kendrick and Green together we would of been the first to 3peat though, god damn Legion. :P 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

Drafting @Green and @Kendrick 1 and 2 OA in the S40 VHL entry draft. @RomanesEuntDomus helped with that as I believe we CO GM'd at that point, but I wasn't big on drafting at the time and while I knew we should keep those draft picks, I believe we ended up trading up to get 2 OA, drafting two of the highest draftee's every in that superdraft 1/2 really set a stamp on Cologne as a franchise.

We only won a single Cup, and sadly I decided to trade Kendrick aka Mason Richardson after. But O'Malley is probably the best player to ever play for Cologne, and went on to be a crazy good player. Had I kept Kendrick and Green together we would of been the first to 3peat though, god damn Legion. :P 

Those good old Cologne days huh

:th_clooney:

2 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Those good old Cologne days huh

:th_clooney:

@Kendrick did an admirable job GMing the franchise in the early days. Then Romanes came in and brought me on board and somehow we all worked together with some great members and won the franchises first and only Cup. Sadly it's been nothing but a shit show sense. Greg tried his best to be honest, but now that your in charge....

Let's just say as a long time Cologne fan it's such a shame to see it in such dire straits right now. 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

@Kendrick did an admirable job GMing the franchise in the early days. Then Romanes came in and brought me on board and somehow we all worked together with some great members and won the franchises first and only Cup. Sadly it's been nothing but a shit show sense. Greg tried his best to be honest, but now that your in charge....

Let's just say as a long time Cologne fan it's such a shame to see it in such dire straits right now. 

Yeah from brief glance at Greg's time in charge, looks like he did a pretty good job with drafting and acquiring, just never got that elusive Cup. He didn't leave the team in the best of shape though, but I will restore Cologne's place in the European hierarchy in proper time!

Cologne would love to have Reinholdt next offseason! :wub:

Edited by punkhippie

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Nothing but you're grabbing a good chunk of TPE by basically just posting the same thing every day.

Oh noooooo. I'm earning a bunch of TPE that I haven't claimed and never will. C'mon man. I'm only doing it because Cowboy said he hoped I did - the alternative is I don't post anything and continue being inactive, which I'll go back to now. No wonder I don't have any other good memories of this place lol.

16 minutes ago, Devise said:

Best Cologne player, no jersey in the rafters. You gave up too early Ryan :(

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Best Cologne player, no jersey in the rafters. You gave up too early Ryan :(

Sadly a lot of GM's kinda let Jersey Retirements fall by the wayside. You should be up in Cologne and you know it. You spent 5 good seasons with the club, was apart of that pivotal first Cup win of all time. Certainly fitting of being in the rafters. 

After spending the whole career with my last player in New York, I got traded to Davos to play my last year there. With Davos, we made it all the way to finals and always so great, game 7. Unfortunately for Davos and me, we did not win the cup, Toronto was better in OT.

Winning the cup would have been one hell of a way to end the career, but the whole ride from New York to Davos and to game 7 is one of my VHLall time highlight moments.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Molholt said:

Oh noooooo. I'm earning a bunch of TPE that I haven't claimed and never will. C'mon man. I'm only doing it because Cowboy said he hoped I did - the alternative is I don't post anything and continue being inactive, which I'll go back to now. No wonder I don't have any other good memories of this place lol.

No need to go off the rails about it; how was I supposed to know you weren't actually claiming the things you were posting for? I just mean it would be like me finding 7 different ways to say "I was drafted before Scotty" and taking the TPE for it. If you aren't actually claiming it and are just doing it for fun that's fine but I couldn't be expected to automatically assume that.

4 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

Extortion at it's finest.

It's only extortion if I'm forcing him. Also, you spelled it's wrong; no apostrophe for possessive, if you can understand that.

Edited by punkhippie