VHL 10th Anniversary Celebration Begins!- Favorite Memory Day 2

Smarch

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I fully believe all the corruption back in the day is why so few leagues survived very long. Simmers almost always cheated for their teams, people wrote MS' for other people and ripped sigs like it was going out of style. The leagues would fold in a season or two and then you'd recycle shit you had done before into the new leagues. The VHL probably survived it all because we all matured around that time and stopped fucking around with the rules so much.

Oh, you think there isn't corruption now?

:ph34r: 

When I was starting about 2,5 years ago, I was writing media spots to get the juicy 6 points each week. VHL had graders who also focused on spelling, grammar etc back then and since I had very little experience in actually writing articles in English, I struggled.

Luckily for me, first @Jala and then @Phil helped me by reading the article and checking for errors in the text, they then sent the article back to me, I posted it and claimed full points.  After the same thing was said to me about 18 times, I learned. Not only very nice for my VHL experience, but also for English skills in general, so thanks Phil and Jala! ;) 

Edited by jRuutu

Day 2 - The Seattle/Toronto rivalry around S14-20 (I think those are the right dates???) but it seemed real to me damn it, mostly because the team I was on lost pretty much every time.

When @eaglesfan036 first player Austin Gow lost 3 times in a row on NYA I think against Riga, only to be traded to Riga and lose to NYA. Something like that...I know he lost a lot.

Austin Gow was also one of the worst VHL Rookie of the Year winners ever. Barely broke 400 TPE.

That time I went two-face and screwed over Calgary by saying I'd stay with them but then bailing in the off-season to form a Quebec superteam that would I would eventually win a Cup with in S35. 

Good times with some good members. :P 

1 minute ago, BobertZ said:

Moving Hamilton to NY not to be mistaken for the short bus. That's tomorrows

Were you GMing the team when it was still in Hamilton? You've got a precedent for relocating teams in shitty locales to attractive areas!