Claimed: Memory Lane [1/2]

TurnDaddy

In honor of the VHL turning ten years old this week, the opportunity was afforded to the members of the league to do a point task centered around something dealing with the history of the league. While I have not been here for the full ten years, in fact I have probably only been around for slightly more than a combined year, I don't have much to write on other than personal experience, which is where this story starts. 

150.jpg

I could not even tell you when I first joined the VHL. 2012, maybe 2013? I had a German Goalie and that's all I really remember. In fact, it's classified under ancient history because that player is not credited to me in past players lol. I don't remember the name, why would I expect anyone else too? I'm not entirely sure that player was even made under this username, I might have been operating under something else, I have no idea.  I tried to do some digging and found out a whole bunch of nothing. I'm not entirely sure if I even had a single TPE with this player. Oh well. Onto the next one. 

Season 34 of the VHL is when I really started to make a name for myself in this league. I created a Right Winger Tony Stark and was taken tenth overall in the VHLM draft by the Yukon Rush with 52 TPE by time the draft rolled around. That season was so much fun and we were absolutely loaded with the likes of Moher, Leitner, Sixten, and myself. Add in Jones, Funke, and Yumalotopinto already being here and the preseason chatter was that the Rush would handle business and win the Founders Cup. And we did. To this day it's the only championship of any kind I've won here, and because of that the VHLM will always hold a piece of my heart where others may not believe in that process. 

jpeg

In season 35 I went fourth overall to the Davos Dynamo. I think I was up to around 180 TPE at this time. The Dynamo were going to have a young core of myself and Moher(taken first overall) to help catapult them back into VHL glory as they hadn't won a championship since Season 31. This is where I start to lose my memory concerning Stark. I remember being around for part of Season 35 with Davos, but somewhere along the line must have been when I got burnt out from leagues as a whole and started winding down until I eventually just left. In Season 36 Kendrick came to me personally off the site saying he had traded for me and wanted to know if I'd come back. I think I may have briefly, but then left again as I still wasn't feeling like I wanted to deal with a league. Of course after that trade Davos goes on to win a championship. Maybe I should have stuck around. Haha. Anyways, much to the chagrin of Kendrick, and that might be too powerful of a word here, he was forced to trade me and get some active bodies and or picks later that same season. I wasn't even around for that. When I went to the Americans Chris reached out to me as well, and again, I came back briefly, did some Training camp stuff and signed a new contract then left again. He traded me to Calgary and of course New York goes on to win a championship of their own. I don't remember any of my time in Calgary or Quebec, not even one bit. At this time I was long gone from leagues and didn't plan on coming back. That is until Kendrick contacted me once more three years later...

Enter Niko Bogdonavic, pride of Serbia. 

ecdb436e36.jpg

This will be third player over the years and probably the one I feel most comfortable with as being around his whole career is concerned. I'm excited to see if Ottawa can catch Oslo and Saskatoon napping in a series and potentially win myself another Founders Cup, and I'm excited to see what the future holds in Riga. Leaving leagues all together for multiple years has sort of recharged my batteries. It's been fun coming back and seeing old faces still around, even the ones you never really got along with all those years ago. Grudges are not meant to be held, even more so when it comes to an online league. Let bygones be bygones and enjoy yourselves. I know I certainly am again. 

Edited by Jonessee27

Review

Nice history on your players.  I never knew you were Tony Stark and I think I just missed you the first time as i came back around the time you were inactive in like Season 35 or Season 36 which was with Dimothenis Vlasis who was a pretty good defender. Wish I stayed active with him.