Call Up - C Peter Quill

Smarch

40 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I have a good thought exercise. Why don't you tell me why you think our healthcare is shit? We have one major flaw wiht it, but I'm willing to bet you don't actually know what that flaw is. You've just heard ours is bad and run with it. So give me your best shot Autistic Monkey. What is the problem with our healthcare?

See I know why yours sucks. It's bad because a decent number of people don't get it. And because you idiots have privatized your hospitals, they care more about making money than helping sick people. Your drugs have significantly inflated prices because of the demand. In most civilized countries the hospitals aren't for profit, and they aren't trying to bankrupt you.

I hope you get cancer and realize how fucked your system actually is. I feel like short of personal experience you really won't learn anything because you completely lack empathy.

LOL and here I thought despite your horrible attempts at trying to shit on me, you were a decent person. Goes to show that you are nothing but a piece of shit just as I first thought. Also hoping I get cancer, I hope karma comes around and gets you good for that one.

Just now, The Trollfecta said:

LOL and here I thought despite your horrible attempts at trying to shit on me, you were a decent person. Goes to show that you are nothing but a piece of shit just as I first thought. Also hoping I get cancer, I hope karma comes around and gets you good for that one.

Well that's a terrible trade for you if that happens. One might even say....

the-meme-that-is-normalizing-trump.jpeg

I'd get cared for and you'd be bankrupt. And I mean, do you actually think luck and karma exist but deny global warming? You must be religious aren't you?

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well that's a terrible trade for you if that happens. One might even say....

the-meme-that-is-normalizing-trump.jpeg

I'd get cared for and you'd be bankrupt. And I mean, do you actually think luck and karma exist but deny global warming? You must be religious aren't you?

Actually I have seek karma do its work plenty of times before. Hell it even happened to me before. Also, you may get cared for but it will be really shitty and you may have to end up being treated for some other bullshit or give it a few months or years and you'd have to be right back at it. As for me going broke, I already have healthcare bub through my job.

1 minute ago, The Trollfecta said:

Actually I have seek karma do its work plenty of times before. Hell it even happened to me before. Also, you may get cared for but it will be really shitty and you may have to end up being treated for some other bullshit or give it a few months or years and you'd have to be right back at it. As for me going broke, I already have healthcare bub through my job.

Yeesh.

Even if you're right (and it's a whole lot more complicated than this), shitty care > No care. There are so many people in the U.S. who don't call an ambulance, or who don't go to a doctor, because they simply can't afford it. It's a risk/reward analysis in the U.S., but when the risk is dying, how does that make rational sense? And it's often not just people with jobs - it's kids of lower-income families, those who are retired (or retirement-age but can't afford to do it), or people who have legitimate mental or legal reasons why they can't work. It's same with many medicines, which are simply too expensive, sometimes even with insurance (it takes 20 years for a U.S. patent to expire after all, which drives recent medicinal innovations sky-high). A lot of employers offer comprehensive insurance, but even that's  not universal, particularly for part-time work - and the current GOP healthcare bill will lower the number of people offered insurance even further, even for people with jobs. And even if you're economy-focused, how the hell does it help the economy to have a core work force that can't stay healthy enough to actually work?

I think every U.S. lawmaker should be required to spend a week in a low-income medical clinic before they're allowed to create legislation on the topic. Because it's so easy to hand-waive away the problems if you don't see them personally. I know people personally who are about to be fucked by the GOP healthcare bill, but nobody cares.

Source: Work in U.S. law, girlfriend in medical school with lots of experience in low-income health clinics. You see some shit man.

.... welcome to the VHL, Quill! :P

I've lived in both countries for 10+ each and I can tell you one of the main reasons why I stayed in Canada was because of the healthcare. Facts: the USA healthcare is far below the Canadian level.

1 hour ago, The Trollfecta said:

Are you familiar with the term "anecdotal evidence"? Your life experiences are completely useless for data finding.

37 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Are you familiar with the term "anecdotal evidence"? Your life experiences are completely useless for data finding.

Have you heard of the term "you're a dumbass"? It sure seems to fit your demeanor on any subject.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

I've lived in both countries for 10+ each and I can tell you one of the main reasons why I stayed in Canada was because of the healthcare. Facts: the USA healthcare is far below the Canadian level.

I see you got jokes :thedonald:

18 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

I see you got jokes :thedonald:

I like how if something doesn't seem to be of the same opinion as you, you view it as jokes or "fake news". It's funny because you can avoid facts all you want, but it is truth. The problem with the U.S. right now is they are in a bubble and they feel that shutting off ties with other countries will build them stronger from within. It actually has the reverse effect and North Korea is showing that the people inside the country have no individuality, because it's illegal to do so.

Living in the U.S. was cool when I was younger but it has gone drastically downhill and thats being getting worse since January.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

I like how if something doesn't seem to be of the same opinion as you, you view it as jokes or "fake news". It's funny because you can avoid facts all you want, but it is truth. The problem with the U.S. right now is they are in a bubble and they feel that shutting off ties with other countries will build them stronger from within. It actually has the reverse effect and North Korea is showing that the people inside the country have no individuality, because it's illegal to do so.

Living in the U.S. was cool when I was younger but it has gone drastically downhill and thats being getting worse since January.

:CrosbyLaugh:

5 hours ago, The Trollfecta said:

Have you heard of the term "you're a dumbass"? It sure seems to fit your demeanor on any subject.

Oh let me get some ice for that burn.

Is that the best you have? Can't think of anything with any sort of point or fact to back it up? Just your useless opinion that's founded off nothing? Dope.