Why I chose to become a wing.

bgreene21

I chose to become a Left Wing because I’d like to score. Scoring is a visual representation of your mark on an individual game. Sure defense and protecting the net are more effective ways to win a game, but hey, the best defense is a great offense right? You could have a terrible game. Fifty five minutes of pure garbage ice time. Then all of a sudden in a 1-1 game you drill one into the back of the net just out of reach of the goalies mit and boom, you’re the first star. There aren’t many feelings on the ice compared to scoring a clutch goal. A bone crushing check, a great beating given to an opponent, a clutch save in the closing minutes, these are all great feelings handed out by the game of hockey. However, the team that scores the most goals at the end of the game, that’s the team that walks out victorious. You can have a great night tending the goal, and then give up a couple of unlucky goals, and all the stat sheet says is that you’re a loser. Have a bad night and then knock in a couple of shots? Well, you get the picture by now. Scoring wins games! That’s why I want to come in as a wing!