Claimed: VHL UFC on Fox 1 (2 of 2)

TurnDaddy

Continuation from: Part 1

(I just realized I did Bruce's part a little assbackwards, oh well)

Bruce Buffer: Our three judges scoring tonight's contest are Derek Cleary,  Junichiro Kamijo, and Jeff Mullen and when the action gets started in the octogon tonight's referee is BIG John McCarthy! 

John McCarthy: Okay guys, Respect each other, respect my words, and I want a good, clean fight. Are you guys ready? Okay, good. Touch gloves if you want. 

*Fighters turn around Instantly without touching*

Joe Rogan: No way, no how were these guys going to touch gloves. Just wasn't going to happen. Way too much hatred here for that to happen. 

Mike Goldberg: I agree Joe, absolutely zero chance of that happening. It appears as if we're all ready, and here...we...Go! 

The fighters start circling each other, getting a feel for one another. It's anyone's guess who will try to throw the first punch. 

Joe: Awful lot of circling and bobbing here, these guys are just trying to feel Each other out, and oooh! Vernon takes the first swing and it was a power shot and he just misses King as he swings his head out of the way. 

MG: King is lucky he got out of the way on that one as Vernon certainly tried unloading. Here's a few quick punches from King, but nothing connecting and now Vernon counters with a jab of his own and he connects with King right on the chin! 

JR: You can see it in Kings eyes, he didn't expect Vernon to have that kind of power. He does now! He doesn't looked dazed, just more surprised. 

MG: King attempts a kick, catches Vernon in the calf. And another quick kick to the calf.  Looks like King is trying to keep some distance between themselves. 

JR: And I know those kicks don't look like much, but they definitely add up and take a toll on a fighters leg over the course of the fight. 

MG: King with yet another kick and this time Vernon is ready for him! He grabs his foot, and King loses his balance, they're down on the ground! 

JR: Nice move by Vernon there to get King to the ground, but equally a good a move by King to only allow Vernon into half guard. King has that leg wrapped around Vernons. 

MG: Vernon trying to land some elbows into King, but nothing serious. King is trying to get off some rib shots, but again, nothing serious.   Vernon looks to make his move to full mount now, but King is showing some serious strength to prevent that. It looks like this is how round one will end. 

ufc-half-guard.jpg

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

MG: Ten seconds remaining now and neither fighter is giving an inch. And there's the horn, that's the end of round one! 

JR: Not an entirely exciting round there, but still some action. The round clearly goes to Vernon though for that huge punch that landed early and then the takedown. 

MG: Round two set to begin now and it starts out the same, the fighters just circling. King makes his move and lands a huge punch! AND ANOTHER! AND ANOTHER! 

JR: OOOOOH! That was an amazing combo there from King. He hit him with two quick jabs and then the cross and Vernon never saw it coming. It looks like he's opened a small gash above his right eye. 

MG: King goes back to work here by throwing a few more punches, none land, and Vernon attempts a few of his own. King leans in and out of the way and now wraps up Vernon into the clinch. The fighters move to the cage and King puts his weight into Vernon. Vernon is trying to get some leverage with his legs for a takedown, but King is defending nicely. 

MMA%252520Mayhem%252520Rivera%252520vs%2

JR: A little break in the action here and it looks like both guys are just tying to catch their breath. I wouldn't be surprised if John breaks this up soon. 

MG: And right on cue, John steps in and breaks the fighters up. Back to the center of the octogon we go and back to the action.  Both fighters attempting to throw jabs, each blocking nicely. Vernon throws a leg and King nicely avoids it. Now King is kicking and hits that calf of Vernon again. 

JR: Oh! Did you see that? Did you see that? It looked like Vernon winced in pain after that last leg shot from King and he took some of that weight off it. 

MG: King tries that calf again, but misses this time and Vernon immediately goes in for a punch and connects! Now King throws and connects! And Vernon again! 

JR: THIS IS INSANE. Both fighters are pummeling each other right now with a flurry of punches!

MG: They are trading punch after punch right now at a pace that is simply unbelievable. The crowd is going nuts, blood is everywhere! 

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Ten seconds left and these guys are still trading every punch! This is insane! And there's the horn! 

JR: I can't believe what I just saw. OH and now they touch gloves and a quick hug before heading into their corners. There is Absolutely no love lost between these two, but they know they respect each other and what they just did to each other, they know they just let it all loose. They are sucking for air right now. 

mma_i_riggs_hieron_576.jpg

MG: Round three begins and the fighters are not doing much as they are still gasping for every little bit of air they can get. King circles in, kicks at that calf again, but misses. King kicks again, catches. And kicks again, and catches again. 

JR: You can see now that leg is really bothering Vernon. He's wincing in pain every kick and has a slight scowl on his face when he walks on it. 

MG: King attempts a kick again, but Vernon grabs his ankle once more and attempts the takedown, but King balances nicely hopping on one leg and frees his other, but with his back turned briefly, Vernon tries to come in but they wrap up again. King immediately gets some space and gets Vernon off him. Back to the center of the octogon and King attempts another kick, he catches that calf again. 

JR: King is seriously testing that leg. I'm not sure how much more of that Vernon can take. 

MG: King with another kick, but it's a fake! Vernon attempts to grab, but King comes back with the leaping punch and connects right on the side of the face with the superman! 

11209.jpg

JR: HE'S STUNNED! HES STUNNED! 

MG: King with a HUGE shot there landing the superman, Vernon stumbles back, King launches in again, and connects! And AGAIN! 

JR: ITS OVER! ITS OVER! HE IS OUT COLD! 

MG: John McCarthy runs over to separate the two while King gets in one last punch. Vernon is out cold and the medics are over to him, but MARCUS KING HAS WON THIS FIGHT BY TKO! 

stipe-miocic-ufc-198-2.jpg